Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Kaspersky Anti-Hacker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Genius

Genius

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:45 PM

To everybody who used Anti-Hacker,

I need a new internet security suite for my computer and I was wondering if Kaspersky Anti-Hacker is as good as Outpost or Zone Alarm at protecting the user against hackers. I know that some review writers like:

~snip~

say that Kaspersky is not very good...

"With some work, Kaspersky Anti-Hacker has potential to compete with top firewall products. What it lacks are features to safeguard data completely and the ability to control adware cookies. Without these measures, you'll collect all kinds of nasty garbage—even subtle attacks-after spending just a few hours online."

they say.

Thanks for your help.

#2 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:59 PM

hello
1. that's the standalone AH that was discontinued the one in kis 6 is better.
2 that's not a source of trusted tests, top ten reviews gets money for every click you make on their site. That domain is also lsited on the spyware warrior list: http://spywarewarrio...nti-spyware.htm
secondly, don't believe that BS about "Adware cookies", they are jsut text files you can block from within your browser.
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#3 TonyW

TonyW

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:27 AM

secondly, don't believe that BS about "Adware cookies", they are jsut text files you can block from within your browser.

As lucianbara says, these are just text files, which can be blocked or deleted. I routinely trash my cookies apart from the ones that are needed for sites like this.