Photo
- - - - -

Is new Password Manager being worked on?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 espresso

espresso

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hello. I noticed that Pure has a different version of Password manager than the one you can buy separetly from the online store. Aparently it is version 6 while the newest version advertised is v5. The Pure version has got different, cleaner user interface with some additional options.

Since I couldn't find any info on KPM development path (unlike KIS and KAV), I thought maybe some of you guys knew anything. I've read on a few occassions that even cloud support is being worked on. But that was back in 2011 and to this day there hasn't been any news.

I hope this product doesn't see the same faith as Kaspersky KryptoStorage which was eventually stopped from being sold separatelly.

P.S.
I've gone through the effort of comparing these two versions just to show you guys what I mean. Clearly, Kaspersky Pasword Manager v5 looks inferior with an outdated user interface and here are some of the pictures to show it.

Adding new account

(notice the "password expires" field which is absent in v5)

Version 5: 5_add_account.png Pure version: add_account.PNG

Password Generator

(notice the "password history" tab which is absent in v5)

Version 5: 5_generator.png Pure version: generator.PNG

Group Management

(this is the most important difference; v5 has no group management whatsoever. You can only drag&drop at a primitive level but can't move entries into groups more than one at a time and you don't have dedicated controls for it)

Version 5: 5_group_management.png Pure version: group_management.PNG

Pictures say more than words. I'd love to hear your comments on this, maybe some news of future improvement? Anyway, I don't see a reason not to release this new version as a standalone product. Instead it's being kept strictly reserved for Pure. :blink:

Edited by espresso, 06 May 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#2 richbuff

richbuff

SPAM Fighter

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

I see that you opened a new Suggestion topic here: http://forum.kaspers...howtopic=235421 which is the correct place to open Suggestion topics.

KL personnel will read your topic at the other forum, but at this forum, KL personnel may possibly not be by to read your suggestion. :)

This post may contain previously unpublished synthesis of published material that conveys ideas not attributable to the original sources.

#3 espresso

espresso

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Hi. Thanks for replying. Do you think I should create this topic in the other forum as well? Because here I didn't suggest any features but only asked if anyone knew anything about KPM's progress. Maybe I should post this in "Kaspersky Password Manager & Krypto Storage" and hope to get more answers. You're a moderator there :)

I just hate to see that Pure has a more advanced version of KPM than the one I just bought. And for no obvious reason.

#4 harlan4096

harlan4096

Frequent poster

• Gold Beta Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

I just got 3 licenses pack, I like KPM5 so much ... I hope They don't shut down it ...

Regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users