Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

First used Kaspersky

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:05 AM

A warm welcome to you.
Welcome to the club
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#32 Stu

Stu

Young Gun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

I started by using Norton Antivirus because it came with my PC, when that ran out I went to AVG. After that a mate was raving about Norton Internet Security 2006 I think it was how good it was so went with that really not knowing a lot about security at the time.

First a heard about Kaspersky was in 2006 when I went University there was a Russian guy that swore by it and after having a couple of infections with Norton and it starting to become very bloated decided to give it ago. I like the trial so I bought a 2 year copy of KAV in 2007.

Having purchased a laptop however a couple of months later I ended going back to Norton Internet security because I got it half price with the laptop. As I then needed firewall protection. Now in 2009 I am back with Kaspersky Internet Security and don't think I'll ever be moving.

I absolutely love this product.

#33 AHS0

AHS0

Frequent poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

I started using KIS since version 2006 came out, and before I just heard from a guy that Kaspersky is great AV company. I told him its not famous. I never heard of it. Later when I read PC World AUG 2006 review of KIS, PC World: Kaspersky's Best of Breed Security Suite I decided to get the product. I said goodbye to ZA free firewall that I was using by the time. I didn’t have any AV.Because my desktop was old and I didn’t like to put Norton or , MacAfee to cause system hog.

#34 ibok

ibok

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:18 AM

I started to use Kaspersky Antivirus from version 4 or 4.5 .Before MSoft gave to the XP Users SP2.When MS gave SP2 that version could not be runned -except if you removed SP2.So I removed K and when the Greek Rapresentative mail me that a new version Fully combatible was given to K users then I reinstalled the new version which was K antivirus Personal or Personal Pro.
I installed Personal Pro together with Antihacker and from that day I am always using Kaspersky.
Plus from the day 1 I run Kaspersky Internet Security untill today.
I Love Kaspersky. :harhar:
“Kill a man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god.”
Jean Rostand (1894 - 1977)

#35 Rage Skywolfe

Rage Skywolfe

Young Gun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:23 AM

The first antivirus program I had that really ammounted to anything was AVG I used that at first on 98 as well as mcafee for a while. when I changed to XP I used avast for several years becasue it had something that at that time AVG didn't have a web shield component. I have tried out most every anti virus program out there at one time or another but Kaspersky has been the only thing I have come across that has really stopped a lot of things that others let slip through. the more layers of protection the better... keep up the good work guys :)
Your fury makes you strong, perhaps even stronger than me.

#36 shukla44

shukla44

Crew Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

Five years ago, when i got my first laptop, i got quickheal (actually it came with it) and it works fine for some time but it was always updating and hogging on the net then when my licence expired, i changed to pc tools internet security as it was good at that time, especially spyware doctor, but it used so much memory and cpu that it always interfered.....

So i started seeing the reviews at sites for the good antivirus program and i found out about two, avg and kaspersky but avg was free so i tried it first but it messed up my laptop and i have to change my window then i downloaded the kaspersky internet security 7 trial and it found viruses already active in my system and was very light, used the trial up and was very impressed by its perfect work so i bought it from shop nearby and from then i have been using kaspersky and now its been 3 and a half years and i m satisfied with its good work and keeping my laptop safe.....since then i never got any virus problems...... :yes:

Regards,

Kaspersky User since '07

Hardware: Asus P8H67-M LX, Intel i3 2100 @ 3.1Ghz, G-Skill DDR3 @ 1333Mhz 8GB, WD 500GB (WD5000AAKX), WD 2TB (WD20EZRX), Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB, Creative SoundBlaster Audigy
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (All Updates) + KTS 2016 MR1 16.0.1.445b

VMware 1: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit + 4GB RAM + KTS 2017 MR0 Beta-testing
VMware 2: Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3 (All Updates) + 3GB RAM

#37 Hartha

Hartha

Crew Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

Used 3 months trial of Norton internet security 2006 when I buy my new PC oh ! :) suffered lot with Norton then moved to free security "A"(Avira,Avast,AVG) after 2 months later had enough troubles with free "A"s.Then spend first amount of money against viruses & buy KIS version 6 since then until today It's green zone.Regards!!! :unsure:

#38 devil

devil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:53 AM

i was using free versions all the time.....

when i bought my laptop then i started to use license copy of Quick Heal...

stayed with it for almost 2 years...

but i eventually got attracted towards KIS2010...
so her i m using it for 3 months now... n will continue to be in green zone... :wub:
Thanks n Regards

:) KuldeeP:)

#39 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

Great choice :lol:
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#40 Hartha

Hartha

Crew Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

When I bought my first Kaspersky copy from internet I didn't aware that My country already a partner of Kaspersky & since then I buy all my Kaspersky copies as offline boxed versions,

Earlier days hardly can find boxed versions of Kaspersky in our country but today almost every supermarket & computer shops have Kaspersky boxed versions

Edited by Hartha, 09 March 2010 - 05:58 PM.

#41 Boyfriend

Boyfriend

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

I bought my first computer in 2004. I was big fan of McAfee for nearly two years. I had recommend McAfee VirusScan Enterprise to everyone I know, in those two years. I even defended it against all other AVs. Then one day (exact 05/07/2006) I got hit by worst malwares (W32.Nimda.b@MM, Win32.IconDance.Trojan, Win32.Stupid, W32.Gaobot.worm.gen and W32.Chir.b@MM). McAfee did nothing at that time (I used to update it every 2-3 weeks due to my sloooow dialup). In an online forum, I heard about Kaspersky. At that time, it was Kaspersky AV version 6 . I downloaded it very next day from my university internet lab. I switched to it and got rid of those nasties. Since that day, I have never recommended any other AV to anyone. I then purchased version 7. Later I became beta tester and am using it till now. Now I am waiting for 2011 version.

Edited by Boyfriend, 16 March 2010 - 10:51 AM.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 + KIS 2012 (a.b.c.d.e.f.g) + Sandboxie 3.62

#42 Hartha

Hartha

Crew Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:47 PM

(W32.Nimda.b@MM, Win32.IconDance.Trojan, Win32.Stupid, W32.Gaobot.worm.gen and W32.Chir.b@MM).

Still remember the great malwares troubled early days....! <_<