Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Movie topic

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:01 PM

This topic is dedicated to discussing the movies you have seen in the past, both in the cinema and on TV. This doesn't reffer to TV series. You can give them a rating, advise others to see them or not.
One golden rule, please no spoilers. :)
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#2 Radar

Radar

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:05 AM

I love tv series. With a babe its difficult to go to cinema or watching a movie on tv for two or more hours.
Now in spain we can see CSI (Las vegas, Miami, New York). All with music from the Who (one of the biggest bands). Is very interesting the way to catch the murderer, via science not blows or violence. The important is the mind not fists.
Also I see Dr. House, fresh wind for tv adicts.

#3 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:40 AM

Well, to be frank, I don't like foreign movies very much, because the values and cultures are so different.

I was impressed by only a few foreign movies: Titanic, Leon, The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption, Goodbye Lenin, se7en.

So most of the foreign movies that are appealing to me are about friendship, love, etc.

But it is a pity that the Chinese movies you have seen, I mean, those with international recognition, are not my cup of tea, as these movies are made to cater to your taste, not ours, examples are Hero, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and The Promise.

#4 FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

The Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

I miself feel like seeing a devil in a movie. The fact that you don't like non-chinese movies may be influenced by the environment you're living in (that's not an always true fact).
What I like: Prison Break and WWE shows. I don't have enough time to watch movies and I just watch weekly shows :).
Regards,
Michael

#5 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:07 PM

We are talking about movies, not TV series or entertainment programmes.

But by the way, Prison Break is very popular in China. I guess it is the most popular foreign TV series in China. There are a Chinese website of Prison Break and many dedicated discussion boards in various forums in China.

Different people have different tastes. One of my roommates like American movies very much, every day he watches at least two movies.

We are talking about movies, not TV series or entertainment programmes.

But by the way, Prison Break is very popular in China. I guess it is the most popular foreign TV series in China. There are a Chinese website of Prison Break and many dedicated discussion boards in various forums in China.

Different people have different tastes. One of my roommates like American movies very much, every day he watches at least two foreign movies.

#6 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:16 PM

That's true this topic this topic is only about movies, but you are free to start other topics about, tv series etc.
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#7 Radar

Radar

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

This topic is dedicated to discussing the movies you have seen in the past, both in the cinema and on TV. This doesn't reffer to TV series. You can give them a rating, advise others to see them or not.
One golden rule, please no spoilers. :)

Sorry, i misunderstand i think it was tv series too, now i can see Lucian wrote "doesn't .
We can talk about tv series in another post.

#8 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:28 PM

More of an "Action" or "Comedy" movie man. It's hard to pin-point anything in particular, bit like music, just love a good movie, even if it's a story about something that really happened.

We were just talking at DSLR about the old spagetti westerns as in "The Trinity Brothers" and some of Clint Eastwood's old movies.

Guess even fantasy can be great. Pretty much as long as there is some sort of story line as well.

Bruce Lee, early Clint Eastwood, some of Steven Segal's, Van Damme, Tom Hanks I could list heaps.

Women actors, Jamie Lee Curtis would have to be high on this list. ;)

#9 FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

The Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:12 PM

Movies then....
Se7en -> the best there is, the best there will ever be;
Wedding Crashers -> one comedy I remember and I liked very much;
Fight Club -> would be great to do it in real life. Who wants to fight 220 pounds?
Regards,
Michael

#10 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:21 PM

I don't think you will guess my favorite movie(s)- 6 of them actually, the star wars movie ;) ,
I also like the matrix trilogy
But i also watch comedies, there are a lot of them, but i think the ones i like best are Meet the parents and Meet the Fockers.

#11 Radar

Radar

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:48 AM

I like Eastwood too but i preffer him like director.
I love movies about mafia. The Godfather trilogy is a masterpiece.
I dont like Lost of the rings, specialy part two and three.
I agree with lucian with Star Wars, but the last movies of the sixlogy are the worst.
The best is the second (5th episode) Empire strikes back.
In your countries, the film title is the original?
Here the distributors changes the title and so its difficult for me talk about movies.
for example The Shawshank Redemption was changed to "life imprisonment".

#12 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:18 PM

Well, i like the Godfather too, it's a very good movie.
Here they translate the title, sometimes they include no words from the actual title. but some magazines list them in both languages, romanian and original.

#13 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:00 PM

Sometimes there should be a change of the title in order to make the movie more attractive to the target audience.
For example, Leon is translated as This Killer Isn't Too Ruthless.

#14 jerryde

jerryde

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:28 AM

Sometimes there should be a change of the title in order to make the movie more attractive to the target audience.
For example, Leon is translated as This Killer Isn't Too Ruthless.

I'm a mystery, war and mob movie buff so, for me it's the tv series Sopranos and the movies Enemy at the Gates and Murder on The Orient Express ( couldn't figure that one out ). Anybody guess the ending?
Jude Law is terrific as the Russian sniper and Ed Harris as the German sniper. I also read the book ( some time ago ) and the movie is fairly accurate.
I have all the Sopranos ( except season 7 which isn't out yet ) and The Godfather on DVDs.
I know that the Sopranos is a tv series and this forum is for movies only but I have to give them kudos for the realism and the way "Tony" is portrayed as the family man at home. He's the boss outside but at home...?
jerryde
edit: sorry for the Sopranos comments, I should have started a new post elsewhere. :)

Edited by jerryde, 14 October 2006 - 03:34 AM.

Dell Dimension 8400
P-4 3.0 H/T Enabled
Windows XP SP2
2x512 DDR2 pc2-3200
KAV 6.0.0.303 e
On demand scanners> Spybot S&D 1.4 - Adaware 6 SE personal
Nero 6.6.1.4 - Nec 3500 CD-DVD burner - Benq 1620 CD-DVD burner

#15 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 03:45 AM

Yes, The Godfather was a great movie, Marlon Brando did well, I remember "the wild one" when he was a bit younger too.

On comedies though, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Robin Williams are definitely funny people. Billy Connelly is another.

Didn't know that movies had different titles for different audiences, I have learnt something new.

Who would have guessed Star Wars Lucian. :)