Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jingtianfeipeng

Jingtianfeipeng

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:25 PM

Hello, I'm Jingtian. How are you?

Due to a recent earthquake in Taiwan, four of the six undersea cables between Taiwan and the U.S. were broken, so we had major problems browsing foreign websites. The good news is that we still have access Yahoo and Google. But Gmail, Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger and ICQ still do not work, even KIS/KAV cannot update automatically. Yesterday the Kaspersky Lab (China) released offline update packages for KAV/KIS6.0, so we no longer have to use proxy to update. And I'm sorry for any problem caused to the update servers in your country due to a lot of proxy updates from our country.

But I still have to use proxy to visit this forum. For security reasons, I registered this ID, which will be used until the cables are fixed, which is said to will take about 3 weeks.

I'LL BE BACK later. :search:

Regards,

Jingtian
Technical Writer

#2 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:15 PM

Hello, I'm Jingtian. How are you?

Due to a recent earthquake in Taiwan, four of the six undersea cables between Taiwan and the U.S. were broken, so we had major problems browsing foreign websites.

Regards,

Jingtian

I didn't hear of this here which surprised me, not that I really sit and listen to the news on TV. Hope no one was hurt in it all.

Look forward to the permanent return here.

#3 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 09:46 AM

Oh, I am able to sign in today without proxy.
And Windows Live Messenger is working too.
Even ICQ is working.
Maybe it is a New Year gift? ;)