Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Creating Table of Contents

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:04 PM

I have a *.doc file and I need to leave the first five pages without page numbers, ie. Page 6 is marked 1, Page 7 marked 2... Page 58 marked 53.
How to do that?

And is it possible to create a Table of Contents for Pages 6 to 58 in such a case, without typing it manually?

Edited by Jingtian, 14 December 2006 - 12:12 PM.

#2 Radar

Radar

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:18 AM

I have a *.doc file and I need to leave the first five pages without page numbers, ie. Page 6 is marked 1, Page 7 marked 2... Page 58 marked 53.
How to do that?

And is it possible to create a Table of Contents for Pages 6 to 58 in such a case, without typing it manually?

1. You must insert a section jump in page 6 or 5 and insert after page number.
I dont know exactly but try this way.

2. You must use styles. Apply the same style to the same level title. the same for subtitle...
After insert references-index and tables.
Sorry Im not using a word in english so i translate as i can.

#3 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:01 PM

How to do that?

2. You must use styles. Apply the same style to the same level title. the same for subtitle...

Thanks.
It works, although I'm not quite sure where to add the page break, especially there are much free space on a page.

Edited by Jingtian, 15 December 2006 - 07:10 PM.

#4 Radar

Radar

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:41 AM

How to do that?

Thanks.
It works, although I'm not quite sure where to add the page break, especially there are much free space on a page.

I think is necesary section break (continuos) not page break. This way does not add space.

#5 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:20 PM

How to do that?

Thanks.

I think is necesary section break (continuos) not page break. This way does not add space.

Thanks for reminding me of that. I will try again later. :whistle: