(Nod32 at 71& & Kaspersky at 40% )??
How could Nod32 beat Kaspersky at proactive detection= detection of unknown samples without use of signatures??? Kaspersky has much superior heuretics than nod32 now & should be the leader & the best in proactive detection instead of nod32!!!! . Why is AV comparatives siding with nod32 by the way???? Well at least Kaspersky got advanced+ so I am a bit happy.
A number of points to consider:
1. AV-Comparatives does not side with any AV vendor.
2. v7 of KL products use a completely new heuristics engine, which is being fine tuned all the time. Previously, KL scored 9% with v188.8.131.524. A one-off test was done with v184.108.40.206, which produced a score of 35%. A big increase from the earlier test, wouldn't you say?
3. Any false positives or missed detections are reported to the AV vendors, and these are already fixed.
4. The tests don't use current signatures or presently tweaked heuristics. They were using the products as of 3 months ago. In the case of KL, had the current or even beta heuristics been used, maybe a higher result would have been achieved. The heuristics have improved a lot since the August test, and are continuing to improve.
5. Don't just rely on heuristics. In KAV/KIS, we're also lucky enough to have the PDM, which when used alone has been shown to provide very strong proactive protection.