Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo
- - - - -

ZoneAlarm and Kaspersky engine ?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:30 PM

This antivirus engine features proactive behavior blocking
Thats not good, this means it includes the pdm module. :(

Makes one curious if Kaspersky spread too much about, will they get to the stage where buying off Kaspersky will be of any benefit. It's all up the E.K. and the sales team, and not us, but you would hope that something is left out, that only can be found, by purchasing at Kaspersky.

Finger in too many pies may cause problems.

Guess we will know soon enough.

#17 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:36 PM

well, there-s also the mem usage, zone alarm isn't the lightest security suite around if you catch my point...
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#18 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:45 PM

I don't really go much for the firewall. It seems to have caused problems with a few computers I've tried it on. Not saying everyone gets them, it seems to have had it's peaks with popularity.

So no one at Kaspersky will say anything ? I gather because of contract reasons, they will keep quiet on how much they let Checkpoint have of the A/V, Protection etc, till it is out of beta ?

#19 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:22 PM

The latest simplified Chinese version of ZoneAlarm Pro is 5.5, there are no newer versions as few, if any, buy ZA pro here.

With an excellent and the most popular antivirus integrated into its security suite, they might start releasing simplified Chinese version of ZAISS 7.0.