Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo
- - - - -

ZoneAlarm and Kaspersky engine ?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:06 PM

Am I hearing this correct ? Zone Alarm and Kaspersky engine.

Info - http://www.pcmag.com...,2035975,00.asp

Off DSLR's link - http://www.dslreport...remark,17297843

If it is true, it's amazing how wide spread this program is becoming.

#2 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:09 PM

Yes, it's correct. but i'm not sure what will be used: standard, extended or full signatures. Also i don't think iswift & ichecker will be used.
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#3 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:24 PM

Hmmm.....

I wonder then, an advanced spyware scanner, or a weakened A/V solution. What of the fact Zone Alarm has a free version, and also the contracts with other companies as well.

I am just about to sort out licensing once the new version comes out, as I doubt my System Mechanic keys would work on the new platform( it was mentioned ages ago, I would need to write in to sales@kaspersky.com to organise transfering the licenses. Oh then beta came my way.

Basically, it does make one curious on how much buying a license here is any better than from partners. Iolo was where I started, but don't seem to need A system utility any more.

What is the aim here; to become the biggest, widest used A/V solution ?

#4 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:29 PM

that's the aim in every domain become the best and the most widey used.
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#5 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:36 PM

Reach for the sky...eh...can't blame EK, why sit in the side alley's hoping someone will come looking.

I wish them luck. After seeing the first site they used, and then how quick this site started, all the testing and moving office. Sleep in there some where ? :P

#6 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:05 PM

Wow! That's breaking news!

#7 Whizard

Whizard

Professional

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:45 AM

Good Call. Another venue for KL to expand the user base. And no I do not think iChecker and iSwift will be given away also. It does require the driver (klif.sys and kl1.sys) to control. Therefore just signatures and real time updates will be reused :)
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

#8 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:36 AM

But I'm afraid some ZoneAlarm fans would buy ZAISS 7.0 instead of KIS 6.0.
Anyway, at least it is good news for ZAISS users.

#9 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:12 PM

Good Call. Another venue for KL to expand the user base. And no I do not think iChecker and iSwift will be given away also. It does require the driver (klif.sys and kl1.sys) to control. Therefore just signatures and real time updates will be reused :hi:

and of course Za doesn't have pdm. :)

#10 Chubb

Chubb

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:32 PM

It is a win-win situation. Both ZA and Kaspersky will benefit from the integration. BTW, may I ask, is the firewall in KIS a modified version of Outpost? I mean, has Agnitum licensed part of Outpost to Kaspersky for modification for use in KIS? Because some menus and options in KIS are very similar to those in Outpost. But someone in Wilders has pointed out that the firewall in KIS is developed in house by KL. So I am confused now. Maybe I am wrong.

#11 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:37 PM

No, the anti-hacker is built by kaspersky.
yes i also find similaraties between the two. :)

#12 Chubb

Chubb

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:43 PM

No, the anti-hacker is built by kaspersky.
yes i also find similaraties between the two. :)

Thanks lucianbara. I always thought that anti-hacker is a licensed and modified version of Outpost. :)

#13 FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

The Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

Not going to happen. But, Agnitum gave Novell some licenses.
Regards,
Michael

#14 Chubb

Chubb

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:31 PM

ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.0.262.000 Beta is out

http://download.zone...x.html#download

What's New

- New Antivirus Engine! ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite includes an all-new, award-winning antivirus engine which provides significantly enhanced virus detection and removal capabilities. This antivirus engine features proactive behavior blocking and other features not available in other antivirus engines.

- Improved! Virus update system now delivers virus signature and engine updates hourly when needed, significantly reducing the chances your PC will be hit with quickly spreading viruses and other malware.

- Improved! Extensive anti-spyware protection automatically scans and removes more spyware than ever before.

- New! Auto-learn, a system that automatically configures security settings based on a user's unique computer environment and behavior, making the initial set-up of ZoneAlarm virtually automatic. Auto-learn is a user option.

- New! Program pre-scan automatically configures common programs on the PC prior to using ZoneAlarm for the first time. Using the ZoneAlarm SmartDefense Advisor program signature database, the program pre-scan helps to virtually eliminate program alerts.

- Improved! Identity theft protection Web site makes it easier to active 'real-world' identity theft protection settings. This system protects the user's identity as well as their PC.

- Various bug fixes

#15 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:42 AM

- New Antivirus Engine! ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite includes an all-new, award-winning antivirus engine which provides significantly enhanced virus detection and removal capabilities. This antivirus engine features proactive behavior blocking and other features not available in other antivirus engines.
Thats not good, this means it includes the pdm module. :(