Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo
- - - - -

Microsoft Office 2007 RTM today

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Chubb

Chubb

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:26 PM

Microsoft Office System 2007 Is Golden

2007 Office system released to manufacturers; the company looks ahead to worldwide business availability.

http://www.microsoft...fficeRTMPR.mspx

#2 comRace

comRace

Young Gun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:35 PM

looong time no using Microsoft's office tools ;)

#3 FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

The Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:06 PM

It's still the best office suite ever made... :lol:
Regards,
Michael

#4 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:31 PM

Microsoft Office System 2007 Is Golden

2007 Office system released to manufacturers; the company looks ahead to worldwide business availability.

http://www.microsoft...fficeRTMPR.mspx

Hello Chubb, nice to meet you here.
I won't buy it. There is a Chinese software called WPS Office 2005, which is almost as good as Microsoft Office 2003, but it is sold at 20 Yuan RMB (about 2 Euros).

#5 FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

The Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:33 PM

I doubt that. Even OpenOffice (which is maintained by a lot of people) can't face to face with Microsoft's Office. :whistle:
This is the only product that's at the top with nothing to comment on. Actually, it's curious that the version for MacOS is better than the one for Windows (Office 2004)...
I just saw something...what's that points thing?

Edited by FadeToBlack, 07 November 2006 - 11:34 PM.

Regards,
Michael

#6 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:54 PM

I have to agree, and office 2007 is really inovative (2003 was more or less xp with blue toolbars)

...points thing?
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#7 Chubb

Chubb

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:38 PM

I won't buy it. There is a Chinese software called WPS Office 2005, which is almost as good as Microsoft Office 2003, but it is sold at 20 Yuan RMB (about 2 Euros).

Hi Jingtian,

Nice to see you too. :whistle:

I searched the google and found that WPS Office is from Kingsoft. As far as I know, we don't have this product for sale in Hong Kong, but we have Kingsoft Powerword for sale in Hong Kong at HK$200 only.

It seems that Office has been the standard nowadays, at least in Hong Kong. Companies in Hong Kong can't live without Microsoft Office. And most business computers, especially notebooks are now bundled with Office at a very attractive price.

Edited by Chubb, 08 November 2006 - 03:43 PM.

#8 Chubb

Chubb

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:18 PM

Hi FadeToBlack,

Do you mean the "Points: 0" below the post count?

Posted Image

I want to know too!!!

Maybe lucianbara can give us some clues. :whistle:

#9 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:44 PM

Hi Jingtian,

Nice to see you too. :whistle:

I searched the google and found that WPS Office is from Kingsoft. As far as I know, we don't have this product for sale in Hong Kong, but we have Kingsoft Powerword for sale in Hong Kong at HK$200 only.

It seems that Office has been the standard nowadays, at least in Hong Kong. Companies in Hong Kong can't live without Microsoft Office. And most business computers, especially notebooks are now bundled with Office at a very attractive price.

Yes, WPS Office is from Kingsoft.
A lot of students are using Powerword, but I like to use online dictionaries and wikipedia.

#10 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:53 PM

I doubt that. Even OpenOffice (which is maintained by a lot of people) can't face to face with Microsoft's Office. :)
This is the only product that's at the top with nothing to comment on. Actually, it's curious that the version for MacOS is better than the one for Windows (Office 2004)...

I'm installing Open Office 2.0.4 and will compare it with WPS Office 2005. I will keep you posted when I have any idea.

#11 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:20 AM

WPS 2005 is very user-friendly, that's why I think it is almost the same as Microsoft Office 2003.
Compare these two yourself.
It can view, create MS Office files.

Attached Thumbnails

• sshot_1.jpg
  • sshot_2.jpg
  • sshot_3.jpg
  • sshot_4.jpg
  • sshot_5.jpg
  • sshot_6.jpg
  • sshot_7.jpg

#12 Whizard

Whizard

Professional

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:57 PM

Points are granted automatically for uploading usefull tools and skins in particular to the forum archive.
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~