Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo
- - - - -

DO NOT DELETE SVChost.exe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Glenn

Glenn

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:52 PM

I recieved an alert about svchost.exe what would be an trojan
it was located in system32 so it should be safe!!
I think there is made an mistake or something but if you recieve an alert about svchost my advice would be to just add it to the trusted zone

Edit:
I talked to kaspersky support, they where shocked ass well, but the problem was just that an application tried to send encrypted information to SVChost.exe

Edited by Glenn, 14 August 2007 - 04:01 PM.

#2 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:11 PM

There is no problem here. It si just your PDM speaking.
Could you post a screenshot?
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#3 Glenn

Glenn

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:04 AM

problem is over, thought it was an error in an update of kaspersky
but the problem was that an program wanted to write encrypted information to svchost.exe
so I dont have an screenshot

Edited by Glenn, 15 August 2007 - 02:04 AM.

#4 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:31 AM

Hello Glenn,

This sort of question should be asked in the technical forum. This forum is for the users to be more free with comments on life/ interests/ etc.

Seeing as you have asked here though, you can safely say it was an alert for Windows updates. It requires svchost communication over the internet.

A note though. It is best to block svchost for any other outbound communication in the packet filtering. Just add Microsofts IP addresses as the only allowed communication, and you will be fine.

If by any chance it was an infection, there are forums for infections. Do a scan with the online scanner or in safe mode if you think it wasn't windows updates.

Hope this helps a bit

#5 Glenn

Glenn

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:57 AM

what I tought was that kaspersky was seeing svchost.exe as an virus that is the reason of my topic
svchost.exe couldn't be in any way an trojan (on that PC)
but the problem is now clear, everything is fine