Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Brazilian users recognize Kaspersky Lab as the best developer of computer security tools.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:24 AM

Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of secure content management solutions, has been recognized as the best developer of IT security solutions by readers of two leading IT publications in Brazil, PC World and INFO Exame.

A poll published in the May issue of PC World ranked Kaspersky Lab number one among software developers with a comfortable lead – voted for by 60 per cent of users polled. The poll, which studied the buying preferences of users, was conducted on the magazine’s website.

Another major IT magazine in Brazil, Info Exame, has conducted a poll to find out which IT brands are most trusted by the magazine’s readers. Seventy-nine per cent of respondents rated Kaspersky Lab highly, ranking number one among antivirus vendors and 16th among all software developers.

“It is inspiring to see that Brazilian users rate the company’s products so highly, particularly since Brazil is a strategic market for Kaspersky Lab,” said Olga Korenbaum, Kaspersky Lab business development manager for Latin America. “But we are not resting on our laurels. We will continue to improve our IT security solutions.”
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#2 DBase

DBase

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:50 PM

As I can see, Kaspersky is popular in Brazill.
That`s something new for me and for all of us!

“It is inspiring to see that Brazilian users rate the company’s products so highly, particularly since Brazil is a strategic market for Kaspersky Lab,” said Olga Korenbaum, Kaspersky Lab business development manager for Latin America. “But we are not resting on our laurels. We will continue to improve our IT security solutions.”

I`m feeling very well to see this.
One more point for Kaspersky Team and Sjoeii, too :)
DBase - Kaspersky Lab Officer
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Goyta

Goyta

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:13 PM

I am Brazilian and was very glad to see this news. As a very happy user and loyal fan, I have lost count of how many times I recommended Kaspersky Antivirus and Internet Security to people here, and I believe word of mouth (not only mine, of course! :rolleyes: ) played an important role in this, in addition to the invariable positive reviews Kaspersky gets in international Web sites and publications.

I was a bit surprised, though, because I still hear people talk more about that other product (you know, the "N" one, that one with the many security holes in itself... :tema: ) and it seems to still be the "top-of-mind," best-known product among non-techie people here in Brazil. But in the long term, techies (like the readers of those magazines) play an important role in forming opinions, so I believe Kaspersky is going to have a bright future here.

Two things, though: as of this date (Sept. 14, 2007), ESY Systems, Kaspersky's distributor here, still features KAV/KIS 6.0 on its Web site. Also, last time I looked, there wasn't a Brazilian Portuguese-language version of KAV/KIS 7.0 yet. Obviously, I have no problem using the English version myself, but this is not true for most other Brazilian users.

If Brazil is really a "strategic market," this should be addressed as soon as possible, because the availability of a local-language version can define many purchase decisions. Most of Kaspersky's competitors always launch their products in Brazilian Portuguese practically with no delay at all regarding their original-language releases.

Anyway, congratulations to Kaspersky for its recognition. Brazilian PCs are safer now than I had thought! :o

Edited by Goyta, 14 September 2007 - 10:42 PM.

#4 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:40 PM

Good to hear straight from a Brasil fan
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#5 klemtax

klemtax

Young Gun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:53 AM

I still hear people talk more about that other product (you know, the "N" one, that one with the many security holes in itself... :) )

Please don´t use the "N"-word... :)

Seriously. Thanks for the report from Brazil.
What, me worry?

Posted Image

#6 mpsilva

mpsilva

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:58 PM

I am Brazilian and was very glad to see this news. As a very happy user and loyal fan, I have lost count of how many times I recommended Kaspersky Antivirus and Internet Security to people here, and I believe word of mouth (not only mine, of course! :o ) played an important role in this, in addition to the invariable positive reviews Kaspersky gets in international Web sites and publications.

I was a bit surprised, though, because I still hear people talk more about that other product (you know, the "N" one, that one with the many security holes in itself... :) ) and it seems to still be the "top-of-mind," best-known product among non-techie people here in Brazil. But in the long term, techies (like the readers of those magazines) play an important role in forming opinions, so I believe Kaspersky is going to have a bright future here.

Two things, though: as of this date (Sept. 14, 2007), ESY Systems, Kaspersky's distributor here, still features KAV/KIS 6.0 on its Web site. Also, last time I looked, there wasn't a Brazilian Portuguese-language version of KAV/KIS 7.0 yet. Obviously, I have no problem using the English version myself, but this is not true for most other Brazilian users.

If Brazil is really a "strategic market," this should be addressed as soon as possible, because the availability of a local-language version can define many purchase decisions. Most of Kaspersky's competitors always launch their products in Brazilian Portuguese practically with no delay at all regarding their original-language releases.

Anyway, congratulations to Kaspersky for its recognition. Brazilian PCs are safer now than I had thought! :)

Sorry to bump up this old post, I just want to update the news.

I work at EsyWorld, Kaspersky's Official Representative in Brazil. It's amazing to see how Kaspersky is growing here. Every month that passes our local distributors are placing bigger orders.

At the time this post was written, KAV/KIS 6.0 was on our site because Kaspersky Lab requested to us. The strategy was to launch version 7.0 in the latin american market together with a Mexican event, that occurred in October. Since then, we're selling KAV/KIS 7.0 in Portuguese-Brazilian. We have Kaspersky's products selling at the big magazines, like Saraiva Megastore, FNAC, Submarino.com, Americanas.com, etc., now planning to sell a 3 license pack box.

We also have Kaspersky Anti-Virus at the bigger hardware manufactory in Brazil: Positivo Informática. It sells more than 20,000 pcs in a month, every single one of them with Kaspersky. We also supply the Japanese market, where many Brazilians live and are requesting KAV and KIS in portuguese.

This month, Kaspersky will have a full-page advertisement at brazilian PCWORLD magazine about version 7.0. You can preview it here: Posted Image

In the corporate market, we're growing as never before. Mackenzie University (a very respected college in Brazil) uses all Kaspersky corporate solutions, from KAV for Workstation to KAV for Linux Mail Server. Public sector is also using Kaspersky at "Casa da Moeda", where they print our money, "Policia Federal", our federal police, several hospitals and other departments.

So, we're very happy to work with Kaspersky, 2008 will be a great year here.

#7 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:46 PM

Sorry to bump up this old post, I just want to update the news.

I work at EsyWorld, Kaspersky's Official Representative in Brazil. It's amazing to see how Kaspersky is growing here. Every month that passes our local distributors are placing bigger orders.

At the time this post was written, KAV/KIS 6.0 was on our site because Kaspersky Lab requested to us. The strategy was to launch version 7.0 in the latin american market together with a Mexican event, that occurred in October. Since then, we're selling KAV/KIS 7.0 in Portuguese-Brazilian. We have Kaspersky's products selling at the big magazines, like Saraiva Megastore, FNAC, Submarino.com, Americanas.com, etc., now planning to sell a 3 license pack box.

We also have Kaspersky Anti-Virus at the bigger hardware manufactory in Brazil: Positivo Informática. It sells more than 20,000 pcs in a month, every single one of them with Kaspersky. We also supply the Japanese market, where many Brazilians live and are requesting KAV and KIS in portuguese.

This month, Kaspersky will have a full-page advertisement at brazilian PCWORLD magazine about version 7.0. You can preview it here: Posted Image

In the corporate market, we're growing as never before. Mackenzie University (a very respected college in Brazil) uses all Kaspersky corporate solutions, from KAV for Workstation to KAV for Linux Mail Server. Public sector is also using Kaspersky at "Casa da Moeda", where they print our money, "Policia Federal", our federal police, several hospitals and other departments.

So, we're very happy to work with Kaspersky, 2008 will be a great year here.

It is good to see that Kaspersky products are gaining popularity everywhere in the world.

#8 ultima weapon

ultima weapon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:56 PM

I
I was a bit surprised, though, because I still hear people talk more about that other product (you know, the "N" one, that one with the many security holes in itself... :) ) a

I think I know what that N means??? Let me guess it could only be two?? Norton or Norman? :blink: But my best bet is NORTON.
Yes, not only that their firewall leaks a lot. Good to know it is getting popular in brazil, Wish the situation here would change in the Philippines, People here still think norton is no.1 because they say when a new virus comes out, Norton anaylst are shown on CNN. Guess you can never underestimate the power of advertising, it can make a lousy product look the best. :)

Edited by ultima weapon, 09 November 2007 - 05:57 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Goyta

Goyta

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:09 PM

mpsilva, I was glad to learn of the progress Kaspersky has been making in the Brazilian market. I was particularly impressed that Casa da Moeda do Brasil (the Brazilian Mint) is now "kasperskized" :) . If anyone needs security, that's them, for obvious reasons - and others not so obvious, including the fact that in addition to minting Brazilian currency, they also print a lot of sensitive documents and forms for the Brazilian government (including our new high-tech passports, as well as holographic notarial stamps and much more). You can read more at their website (partially in English).

Being one of the world's select few institutions or companies with the technology to print banknotes and other high-security documents, the Brazilian Mint's industrial plant at Santa Cruz, in suburban Rio de Janeiro, also prints banknotes, passports and the like for several other countries, mostly in South America and Africa. (Years ago, while traveling to the U.S., there was a group of Paraguayans who connected to my flight in São Paulo, and in the immigration queue on arrival I was startled to see that their passport model was nearly identical to the then-current Brazilian model, betraying its origin...)

So, if their computer security were compromised in any way, it would be more than a big domestic scandal (which would be bad enough) - it would be an international affair!

Now, I will REALLY believe that Cold War is over when Kaspersky signs a contract with the Pentagon... Wouldn't that be nice? :)

I would like also to add that I bought my license on-line directly from Esy Systems and they were very efficient. I'll be there again in February 2008, when my current one will expire. Thanks, and my best wishes!

--------

ultima weapon, you used the "N" word!!! :blink: You guessed it right... But don't worry: when something is really good, word of mouth really catches, and it will eventually catch in the Philippines too. Not many people watch CNN here, relatively few Brazilians being fluent in English and our own TV news being quite good, so Syman... ahem!... doesn't have that free advertising, though for some mysterious reason their product is always featured more prominently than any competitors in all brick-and-mortar stores I have visited. But the Russian David is ready to stand against Goliath - and win! :)

#10 nonchalant

nonchalant

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:45 PM

The 'N' is a virus unlike the 'K'.. <_<