Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

How do you pronounce Kaspersky?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:35 PM

i encountered this before too, with other downloads, try to switch between open and save a couple of times.
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#17 comRace

comRace

Young Gun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:39 PM

I successfully download it with Opera...in the mean time it worked with Firefox also ;)

#18 darkzeratul241

darkzeratul241

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:47 PM

It's a glitch in firefox....
If the ok button doesnt show up ,try these.
click/checked the button(circle) again ........lol
if it doesnt work

try switching open with and save to disk
it's the checkbox glitch

#19 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:52 PM

Kaspersky in Mandarin Chinese:

Attached Files

#20 TiGeR

TiGeR

Young Gun

• KL Team
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:32 PM

Funny :)

#21 FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

The Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:46 AM

Damn, that's no Kaspersky...:).
Regards,
Michael

#22 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:41 AM

It is good that Kaspersky has an official Chinese name.
Before McAfee decided on its Chinese name, it was generally called Mai Kafei (which means selling coffee). Their official Chinese name Maikefei failed quite a few users, who think that Mai Kafei sounds much better than Maikefei, as Maikefei means nothing in Chinese.
Kabasiji is sometimes interpreted as "truck and bus drivers". Here "Ka" stands for "Kache", meaning "truck". "Ba" stands for "Bashi", meaning "bus". "Siji" has the same pronunciation as "driver" in Chinese.
By the way, "Ka" also means "stop", "block". If "Ba" is seen as a particle here and "Siji" means "death", "Kabasiji" can be interpreted as Kaspersky causes OS to moved very unsmoothly and result in deaths of the OS. :) Hope this interpretation doesn't bother you much. It's just a play of words.

#23 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:48 PM

It is good thabit of thought went into saying allt Kaspersky has an official Chinese name.
Before McAfee decided on its Chinese name, it was generally called Mai Kafei (which means selling coffee). Their official Chinese name Maikefei failed quite a few users, who think that Mai Kafei sounds much better than Maikefei, as Maikefei means nothing in Chinese.
Kabasiji is sometimes interpreted as "truck and bus drivers". Here "Ka" stands for "Kache", meaning "truck". "Ba" stands for "Bashi", meaning "bus". "Siji" has the same pronunciation as "driver" in Chinese.
By the way, "Ka" also means "stop", "block". If "Ba" is seen as a particle here and "Siji" means "death", "Kabasiji" can be interpreted as Kaspersky causes OS to moved very unsmoothly and result in deaths of the OS. :) Hope this interpretation doesn't bother you much. It's just a play of words.

Quite an entertaining read. It's amazing how twisted words can get, just in general conversation, let alone out here in net land

:hi: :) :) :)

#24 Sall

Sall

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:11 AM

Thats funny, I have always pronounced it Kasper Sky, as the name Casper and then sky as the sky above us :angry:

Why do you say kasper ski when it's spelled kaspersky? and why do you pronounce the "y" as an "i" ? lol :whistle:

#25 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:15 AM

Thats funny, I have always pronounced it Kasper Sky, as the name Casper and then sky as the sky above us :lool:

Why do you say kasper ski when it's spelled kaspersky? and why do you pronounce the "y" as an "i" ? lol :)

You must have heard of Chaykovsky and know how to pronounce the "sky" in it. :)

#26 Oduvan

Oduvan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:52 PM

It's really fun to read it! :D I had no idea that people from other countries pronouce "Kaspersky" in another way.. :lol:

But maybe it's problem to translate different combinations of letters to another languages :)

#27 Leandro

Leandro

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:44 PM

How should I pronounce Kaspersky correctly? Can you record it on ogg or mp3 for me?

Thanks, Leandro.

#28 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

hello
it's already here: http://forum.kaspers...p?showtopic=191
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#29 Leandro

Leandro

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:48 PM

Oh, thanks lucianbara. I made some searchs in the forum but it couldn't find such topic.

Thank you very much, Leandro.

#30 Leandro

Leandro

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:06 PM

I used to pronounce like this. (Listen to the attachement.)

(Tip for the admins: setup invision board to accept .ogg files too)

Played the word pronounced in the first post a lot of times. I think now I can pronounce it right :help:

Attached Files

Edited by Leandro, 12 February 2007 - 10:31 PM.