Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Creation of skins for KIS\KAV 6.0

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#46 Pipkin

Pipkin

very valued member

• Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:48 PM

Seems, when there's an image in background of the skin, KIS may produce faults and falls down with fatal error. Hm?
Posted Image

#47 comRace

comRace

Young Gun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:11 PM

I have a different problem here. When I try to change the skin of KIS with one of yours (Pipkin. don't remember which one exactly. I think the CornFlower skin) I also encounter a crash of KIS. don't know why. :)

#48 Pipkin

Pipkin

very valued member

• Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:52 PM

I have also got a number of KIS crashes recently after last updates during last 2 days.
I don't think skin use might be the reason of that, because in the skin all code remains untouched, only some color numbers were changed.
All icons (PNGs) have same names and have been made correctly. And so on safely and carefully. :)

As for me, now I use my new skin Olive (http://forum.kaspers...details&f_id=16) with sound scheme and modified tray icons. It works well. There you may or not use background.
You're welcome. Screenshot in Russian: http://forum.kaspers...-1164288636.png You may use English (F12)

All KIS crashes mostly depend on Proactive Defence being used (by authority opinion).

Thank you!

Edited by Pipkin, 23 November 2006 - 11:00 PM.

Posted Image

#49 /al

/al

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:40 AM

A big wish to all skin developers:

Please do include only those files you really changed!

KAV/KIS has a mechanism for all those files it doesn't find in the user-defined skin directory to get them from the program's original skin path.

Eg: if you didn't touch localization, don't include .loc files. That way, the skin automatically is language-independent.
See the Silva sample what I mean: Attached File  sliva.zip   885.86KB   468 downloads
BTW, a question to you, Pipkin: I can't see a difference between Silva and Olive. Especially, the icons in the Olive archive don't match with the screenshot (the cop instead of the heart). Could you please doublecheck?

Seems, when there's an image in background of the skin, KIS may produce faults and falls down with fatal error. Hm?

I think the problem occurs if there are layout files in the skin.

BTW, I could circumvent the crash (IIRC) by pressing Apply - Cancel and then exiting and restarting KAV.

/al

Edited by /al, 28 November 2006 - 10:41 AM.

#50 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:54 PM

I finally started looking at some skins. There is a few to choose from too going by a few links. Must say, they look great, and ended up thinking how plain grey, with black would look, including the top bar. I like blue colour too, as my main theme is blue here, with the yellow of the dunes in a smaller square. Guess for me, the icons don't need to bold and alive, just a button is fine.

I have always thought the "info" tab on the front should have been able to shut like the others. Is it worth the time for a competition for an icon to go in the blank spot it would create, having the "info" tag shut.

Will wait to see what turns up next. :)

#51 Pipkin

Pipkin

very valued member

• Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:50 PM

Hi, /al
It seems to me a little strange, but I found that Olive is the same as shown in screenshot. Just checked. But for sure I've just reuploaded that skin once more now.
'Sliva' ( plum in English :) ) is the small modification of Olive, not so yellowish. And some icons were exchanged as well.

BTW, I am still afraid of using any backgrounds since they aren't scaleable when a window is being transformed.

Norwegian, thanks for your wise opinion!

Did you watch my non-icons skin (http://forum.kaspers...pkin/index.php?) called 'Monday'? :)

http://forum.kaspers...a...tach&id=198

Thank you gentlemen ever so much!
All the remarks are greatly appreciated!

Edited by Pipkin, 30 November 2006 - 03:12 PM.

Posted Image

#52 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:26 PM

I had a good look at this link Pipkin,
http://forum.kaspers...a...at&cat_id=1

The black, grey, and some sort of steel feature for the icons, and not the main feature, cogs, locks, bolts would look ok, something to relate to the security of my machine, while adding a hardware touch. Ram, Processors, or something similar might be worth a look, but I am not convinced they will look right.

The blue version with no icons looks alright. I think if you are to change the skin, do it all, that earth ball looks ok, but if I was to change the skin, that would go, just my thought.

#53 alph@

alph@

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:31 PM

my skin is available in download,for kis 6.0.1.411 and soon for kav (skin in english)

Posted Image

please use the new link for download my skin 'post 62' :hi: :) :(

http://forum.kaspers...s...c=188&st=60

Edited by alph@, 10 December 2006 - 03:02 PM.

HARD -xp pro sp2 -p4 2.8gh @3.06gh-asus p4c800e deluxe-1g ddr400-wd raptor 74g-wd raptor 36g-maxtor gl250-

SOFT-xp pro sp2-kis mp 1 -outpost 4-ghost security suite 1.110-dropmyrights-firefox 2 -host manager

#54 Charles

Charles

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:52 AM

my skin is available in download,for kis 6.0.1.411 and soon for kav (skin in english)

Posted Image

Hi Alph,
Downloaded the file to my Documents, but could not up-load to Kis interface.
Charles.
Win XP HOME SP2
IE-7 DEFAULT | FIREFOX ON-DEMAND.
KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY.
SUPERANTISPYWARE

LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTERS

#55 alph@

alph@

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:53 AM

hello charle, you read the file 'info of instalation' ,remove self defense , copy and 'replace'the skin folder,(exact name 'skin')in the place where is instaled the soft 'kaspersky internet security 6.0'(by default C:\Program files),
don't forget to reactived the self defense, :hi:
HARD -xp pro sp2 -p4 2.8gh @3.06gh-asus p4c800e deluxe-1g ddr400-wd raptor 74g-wd raptor 36g-maxtor gl250-

SOFT-xp pro sp2-kis mp 1 -outpost 4-ghost security suite 1.110-dropmyrights-firefox 2 -host manager

#56 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:11 PM

hello charle, you read the file 'info of instalation' ,remove self defense , copy and 'replace'the skin folder,(exact name 'skin')in the place where is instaled the soft 'kaspersky internet security 6.0'(by default C:\Program files),

not neccesary.
Just unpack the skin in a folder of your choice. go to settings->service->appearance click on browse and select that folder.
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#57 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:22 PM

not neccesary.
Just unpack the skin in a folder of your choice. go to settings->service->appearance click on browse and select that folder.

I agree with you.

So this skin cannot be used in older versions? Say, 6.0.0.303?

#58 Charles

Charles

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:31 PM

not neccesary.

Hi Lucianbara,
I have up-loaded to the browse box but the (ok box) does not high-light, so I can't click on it.
Charles. :(

Attached Thumbnails

• ScreenHunter_1.jpg

Win XP HOME SP2
IE-7 DEFAULT | FIREFOX ON-DEMAND.
KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY.
SUPERANTISPYWARE

LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTERS

#59 alph@

alph@

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:29 PM

not neccesary.

this solution can make errors'dump'

don't forget to reactived the self defense,

this solution is ok

I have up-loaded to the browse box but the (ok box) does not high-light, so I can't click on it.
charle ,select the folder 'skin' and not 'kaspersky .......' :hi:

So this skin cannot be used in older versions? Say, 6.0.0.303?
try ,i don't no,it's possible

#60 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:23 PM

not neccesary.

Hi Lucianbara,
Charles. :(

you have to point to the folder which has a structure like the default skin folder (so inside we have skin.ini, ah.loc, en folder, images folder...)

this solution can make errors'dump'

This happens only if your skin has something that kis doesn't like, if it's not 100% compatibe with the installed version
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)