Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Day Life

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 CartmanEck

CartmanEck

Young Gun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

Well, I'm studying medicine at the moment. So I'm not working in the technical sector. :) At the moment it is my third semester. I still have nine to go. :)

#17 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:32 AM

Working in the Shanghai IT center of a foreign chemical company. The corporate culture is excellent, and there are always much to learn. Those are the good aspects. One of the bad aspects is that often we have to hold net meetings with American clients in the evening, due to the time difference. The pay is good, compared with what my former classmates earn who also work in Shanghai, but we earn only one eighth of our colleagues of the save level from the US or Europe. The real estate market in Shanghai is going crazy and some of my former classmates spend one third of their salary on rent.

#18 AHS0

AHS0

Frequent poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:27 AM

will think about it later. LOL. I'm being funny here.

#19 TJP

TJP

Young Gun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:20 AM

Hi,

I'm an Accountant in "real life", completed my university studies nearly 12 years ago but always thinking of going back to study something else.

Not the most riveting of jobs but it paid for last years trip which was 6 months in Europe ;)

Cheers.

#20 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:33 AM

Working in the Shanghai IT center of a foreign chemical company. The corporate culture is excellent, and there are always much to learn. Those are the good aspects. One of the bad aspects is that often we have to hold net meetings with American clients in the evening, due to the time difference. The pay is good, compared with what my former classmates earn who also work in Shanghai, but we earn only one eighth of our colleagues of the save level from the US or Europe. The real estate market in Shanghai is going crazy and some of my former classmates spend one third of their salary on rent.

This is an old post.

I already left this company, and went to another, and left that, too. Now I am working in one of the largest IT companies in the world. Now I understand that big companies do not pay well, and we need to start our own business if we want to make money, and I am considering that.

#21 Shinigami

Shinigami

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

School: University on the east coast of the U.S.
Study: Chemistry (more specific inorganic chem.) & Japanese
I do Summer research and development for my University in a .....you guessed it Inorganic lab, superconductors and new metal compounds. I am the senior Undergrad of the lab with 2 undergrads that work for me.
If you want to know more about my research just PM me......i will not tell what elements and ratios i deal with. :whistle:

Chemist+computers+japanese= one very interesting F :D life :)