Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Introductions

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:29 AM

I'm a dude :)
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#62 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:30 AM

Welcome to the forum Jhoan
& welcome back sjoeii

Thanx Lucian
Good to be back, missed ya :)
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#63 Jhoan

Jhoan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:08 AM

I'm a dude :P

Sorry! In our country, that name is for a girl. :D

#64 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:43 PM

Sorry! In our country, that name is for a girl.

Lucian?
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#65 Jhoan

Jhoan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:51 AM

Lucian?

Yup! :)

#66 bill

bill

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:01 AM

Jhoan i believe your filipina.. ;) and from quezon city.. ayt?! anyway im from the philippines and im 24 years old. jhoan what the name of your company.. thanks..

#67 Jhoan

Jhoan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:57 AM

Jhoan i believe your filipina.. ;) and from quezon city.. ayt?! anyway im from the philippines and im 24 years old. jhoan what the name of your company.. thanks..

Yes, I am a Filipina and I am from Quezon City, but as of now, I am currently living in Cavite. As for our company. we are the distributor of Kaspersky AV here in the Philippines. May I know your current location here?

#68 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

Yup!

that's strange. if you looks up the name in wikipedia you will see that all people were male. it is derived from Lucianus/Lucius which comes from lux (light - as in beam of light- in latin). There are feminin versions like Lucia, or the comon english name Lucy.

#69 vanilsky

vanilsky

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:17 AM

Hello ... I am vanilsky ... I am 53, have 5 children, 3 grandchildren and one more due in October. I first logged on to CompuServe in 1981 using a handheld text-based tech support modem a friend showed me. Got my first Mac in 1991 and my first Windows machine in 1997. First joined AOL, GEnie (anyone remember that one?), Prodigy (also called Tragedy), and CompuServe in 1991. I used to be an early adopter of geek gadgets but am older now and wait just a little while longer to throw away my good money ;) ...

Just a simple postal clerk living on the Gulf of Mexico in America ... read all the time, mostly science, both fiction and non-fiction. I have fun building my own computers but I don't do code ... tried that and gave up ... must have lots of time on one's hands to pick that up from scratch ... maybe when I retire :lol: ! That will be in six years ...

Had terrible luck with McAfee. Threw lots of money at Norton until I realized what a hog that thing really is ... tried ZoneAlarm and thought it was too easily compromised ... tried Trend Micro, which I thought was actually quite good but didn't care for the interface and it didn't give enough detail, then had a brief affair with Windows Live, which gave zip/nada for details ... so, based on a recommendation from a coder I know at work, I tried to find Kaspersky. Downloaded a trial version, then found a retail box at the local Office Depot. Now my brother has KIS, his friends have KIS, and I tell everyone who asks that they should switch to Kaspersky.

Everybody has such cool avatars ... I am so jealous :lol: ... I have learned that they need to be 150x150 and can be .jpg, .png or .gif, but I don't know how to create one. Does anyone know of an icon editor that is compatible with Vista? I guess I will go hunt on Google but I am usually afraid to click on just any old link in a search page. Anyway ... I will get one made up here soon ... I am also wondering why more members don't upload pix of themselves ... I started to do so, then looked around for pix of other members and there were very few ... maybe we are all just shy ... :) ... I am happy to be here ... vanilsky

edit: a few typos

Hello friends!
i've decided to create a topic devoted to all of us - here everybody can introduce oneself.
Let's start from me: I'm br34ch,17 years old,interested in Computer security field, and a fond of Kaspersky Internet Security.
Currently living in Moscow, Russian Federation.

Edited by vanilsky, 10 July 2007 - 07:22 AM.

#70 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:29 AM

Hi vanilsky and welcome

Good to see you managed to get here
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#71 Littlem129

Littlem129

Crew Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

Hello ... I am vanilsky ... I am 53, have 5 children, 3 grandchildren and one more due in October. I first logged on to CompuServe in 1981 using a handheld text-based tech support modem a friend showed me. Got my first Mac in 1991 and my first Windows machine in 1997. First joined AOL, GEnie (anyone remember that one?), Prodigy (also called Tragedy), and CompuServe in 1991. I used to be an early adopter of geek gadgets but am older now and wait just a little while longer to throw away my good money ;) ...

Just a simple postal clerk living on the Gulf of Mexico in America ... read all the time, mostly science, both fiction and non-fiction. I have fun building my own computers but I don't do code ... tried that and gave up ... must have lots of time on one's hands to pick that up from scratch ... maybe when I retire ;) ! That will be in six years ...

Had terrible luck with McAfee. Threw lots of money at Norton until I realized what a hog that thing really is ... tried ZoneAlarm and thought it was too easily compromised ... tried Trend Micro, which I thought was actually quite good but didn't care for the interface and it didn't give enough detail, then had a brief affair with Windows Live, which gave zip/nada for details ... so, based on a recommendation from a coder I know at work, I tried to find Kaspersky. Downloaded a trial version, then found a retail box at the local Office Depot. Now my brother has KIS, his friends have KIS, and I tell everyone who asks that they should switch to Kaspersky.

Everybody has such cool avatars ... I am so jealous :P ... I have learned that they need to be 150x150 and can be .jpg, .png or .gif, but I don't know how to create one. Does anyone know of an icon editor that is compatible with Vista? I guess I will go hunt on Google but I am usually afraid to click on just any old link in a search page. Anyway ... I will get one made up here soon ... I am also wondering why more members don't upload pix of themselves ... I started to do so, then looked around for pix of other members and there were very few ... maybe we are all just shy ... :D ... I am happy to be here ... vanilsky

edit: a few typos

Hi Vanilsky and welcome to the forum. :D

If you are in need of an avatar here is a link where you can get one. ;)

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/avatar

They will fix you right up, all you have to do is tell them what you want.

It's where I got mine, well actually I already had the gif they animated it for me.

Hope you enjoy the forum here. There is a terrific group of people here. :P

You only live once, enjoy life and make the most of it!

KIS 15.0.1.415(B)
WIN 7 SP1 3GB RAM
DSL (finally!)
MBAM (on demand only)

#72 vanilsky

vanilsky

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:37 AM

Thanks ... I followed the link and then found some freeware tools that will help ... I created an avatar 16 years ago when I was using CIS on CompuServe, but I was in the Macintosh world back then and all that stuff is long gone ... can't compete with Mr. Smith in the rain, though ... that's number one :D
... vanilsky

Hi Vanilsky and welcome to the forum. :P

If you are in need of an avatar here is a link where you can get one. :P

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/avatar

They will fix you right up, all you have to do is tell them what you want.

It's where I got mine, well actually I already had the gif they animated it for me.

Hope you enjoy the forum here. There is a terrific group of people here. :D

#73 Littlem129

Littlem129

Crew Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:48 AM

Thanks ... I followed the link and then found some freeware tools that will help ... I created an avatar 16 years ago when I was using CIS on CompuServe, but I was in the Macintosh world back then and all that stuff is long gone ... can't compete with Mr. Smith in the rain, though ... that's number one :D
... vanilsky

Your welcome, glad you found something that will work. :P

I'm not that talented, I've tried to make 1 and it didn't work. :D

I'm just thankful that there are people around that will help me with that kind of thing. :P

You only live once, enjoy life and make the most of it!

KIS 15.0.1.415(B)
WIN 7 SP1 3GB RAM
DSL (finally!)
MBAM (on demand only)

#74 Jhoan

Jhoan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:48 AM

that's strange. if you looks up the name in wikipedia you will see that all people were male. it is derived from Lucianus/Lucius which comes from lux (light - as in beam of light- in latin). There are feminin versions like Lucia, or the comon english name Lucy.

Some Filipinos got a weird name. Actually, my aunt's name is lucian.

#75 bill

bill

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:56 AM

Yes, I am a Filipina and I am from Quezon City, but as of now, I am currently living in Cavite. As for our company. we are the distributor of Kaspersky AV here in the Philippines. May I know your current location here?

kababayan pla kita jhoan, hahaha.. anyway do you have a friendster account? can i add you up.. im from cainta, rizal ph. by the way, but as of now im living here in makati city.