Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Introductions

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#16 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:27 PM

My I ask a question about your ID? I wanted to raise this question several times, but forgot.
Were you born in Norway? When I first saw your ID in the KL forum, I thought you were from Norway, instead of Australia. :)

The title is more about ancestory and heritage than where I was specifically born. Sorry if it lead you to the misunderstanding, I guess alot have thought the same, and I appolagise to them too.

Sometimes I have thought of changing, not that any one has complained as yet.
Hope this doesn't change either. :hi:

Yes, theoretically your ID can lead to some misunderstanding, but it's OK.
IDs are not important in forums, not everyone is as curious as I am.
:)

#17 TonyW

TonyW

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:42 PM

I'm Tony from the UK. I became interested in computers when I helped out in the IT department at a school for the deaf. I'm basically self-taught, although I did try to get on a course once, but it was over-subscribed. :)

I have many other interests such as reading, watching films, magic and having a drink, or 10! :)

#18 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:40 AM

Why was this topic closed? :)

#19 TonyW

TonyW

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

Why was this topic closed? :blink:

It's not closed though, is it?

#20 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

Why was this topic closed? :help:

It's not closed though, is it?

It has been reopened. :(

#21 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

be carefull guys, yo can close & open a topic just by clicking on the icon in the lfet side of the title.
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#22 TonyW

TonyW

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

be carefull guys, yo can close & open a topic just by clicking on the icon in the lfet side of the title.

Presumably that's aimed at the admins/mods, and not us mere mortals.

#23 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:11 PM

yes, of course :help:
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#24 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:49 AM

Thank you for reminding us of that. I reopened a few topics in this board. :)

#25 dawgg

dawgg

Veteran

• Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:06 PM

I'm Dawgg, born and raised in London, UK, 19 yrs old (born Oct. 1989).
Currently studying BusinessEconomics in University. Dont know too much aobut programing and stuff like that, all PC knowledge has been self-taught via screwing up my PC (by accident) and trying to sort it out by reading on forums

#26 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:24 PM

didn't you get your years wrong, if you were born in oct 1989 then you are just 17. :)

#27 dawgg

dawgg

Veteran

• Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:10 PM

didn't you get your years wrong, if you were born in oct 1989 then you are just 17. :)

Woopsie! typo! urmmm... how am i going to get myself out of this one... urmmm... I was born in 87 so aged 19, but because of my youngish handsome looks, i get away with saying i'm aged 17 :)

#28 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:06 PM

be carefull guys, yo can close & open a topic just by clicking on the icon in the right side of the title.

Noticed that it easy for adjusting, did that with a couple, maybe I missed one. :hi:

Anyone what to practice using the buttons.....just incase.... :D

#29 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:08 PM

Ok my turn.
Let me introduce myself.

I'm from Holland, Amsterdam and I'm 33 years old. I'm happily married and have two beautiful kids.
I work for Vodafone as a Corporate salesman.

My love for computers goes way back ten years ago.
My love for Kaspersky goes back to version 5.
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#30 Littlem129

Littlem129

Crew Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:10 AM

My name is Teresa, I am 45 , happily married 26 years with 2 sons and 5 grandchildren.

I live in East Tennessee, USA. I've only been using a computer for 3 years. I am self-taught, had to learn it all the hard way, through trial and error. And yes there was plenty of error's.

I started out with a used pc, didn't even know that I was suppose to use AV, firewall and anti-spyware programs.

I told you I learned the hard way. After I figured things out I bought a new pc and I am fairly computer literate now.

I am running KIS and I am in :) with it. I am a KIS user for life.

I have learned a whole lot about security and how to handle problems and such just reading the Kaspersky forums.

You will probably see me browsing the forum a lot, reading and learning more.

Yeah, I'm old, but not to old to learn more. You never get too old to learn. I'm living proof of that.

I want to say Thank You to all of you that take time out of your busy life to help those of us that are in need.

You guys are all the Greatest ! Hats off to all of you!!! :) :rolleyes:

You only live once, enjoy life and make the most of it!

KIS 15.0.1.415(B)
WIN 7 SP1 3GB RAM
DSL (finally!)
MBAM (on demand only)