Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Interested In Career As Virus Analyst

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 BendeBoy

BendeBoy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for the welcome ;)

Earlier the morning I have send an e-mail to the Dutch senior analyst Roel Schouwenberg to ask him information about his function as malware analyst and how to become a analyst.

Since a year I have been busy with malware, how it works and how to prevent. Half year ago I started the HijackThis bootcamp to learn more about the use of malware, how to fix/remove, reconize and prevent malware. At the moment I'm at level 4 of 6 levels and I have learned many things.

I see the HijackThis bootcamp as a preparation for myself on the way to do something in the IT that has something to do with malware ;)

If I have got an reply from Roel I will inform you here two ;)

Edited by BendeBoy, 04 August 2007 - 03:20 PM.

Sorry for my bad English, its not my strongest ;) - Im Dutch.

#32 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for the welcome ;)
Earlier the morning I have send an e-mail to the Dutch senior analyst Roel Schouwenberg to ask him information about his function as malware analyst and how to become a analyst.

Since a year I have been busy with malware, how it works and how to prevent. Half year ago I started the HijackThis bootcamp to learn more about the use of malware, how to fix/remove, reconize and prevent malware. At the moment I'm at level 4 of 6 levels and I have learned many things.

I see the HijackThis bootcamp as a preparation for myself on the way to do something in the IT that has something to do with malware ;)

If I have got an reply from Roel I will inform you here two ;)

Looking forward to it.
Must admit that this bootcamp is a good thing to go through. Keep on doing this and you can help a lot of people here
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#33 DBase

DBase

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

Looking forward to it.
Must admit that this bootcamp is a good thing to go through. Keep on doing this and you can help a lot of people here

Yea, I agree with you sjoeii! :)
You gave him aa good answer!
But what can we say if the computer analysts abuse their office / job.
I want to say that some guides / tutorials can`t often be good for same reason..(people, you know what I want to say)
DBase - Kaspersky Lab Officer
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 medigeek

medigeek

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:25 AM

If you really wanna get a job in the field of computer security, I badly advice you to do a study. This would give you the required fundamentals as they are needed today.

What kind of study? :ninja:

I was always wondering if a person without the "standard education" pack, but with brain power and keen attention, can succeed in becoming a virus analyst?
I'd invite you to take a look at my CV:
http://tinyurl.com/2dco74

(notice the cwean.exe antimalware package)
Would I qualify as a virus analyst although I'm studying medicine? <_<

#35 Accelerator

Accelerator

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:50 AM

If you are happy studying medicine, why do you need to be a virus analyst now? <_<

Anyways......one with brain power and keen attention will still need to know and learn the basics to get on with the advanced stuff. In today's competitive environment, the more certifications the better.....

#36 medigeek

medigeek

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:22 PM

I don't want to be one, but I "was wondering" if I had the potential of one!
A person tends to adore a lot of stuff, and I've come to the point where I love both medicine and computer <_< The computer stuff is still a hobby as far as I'm concerned, something I do in my spare time, but it doesn't hurt to make some money to pay the bills in the meantime!

Medicine takes a lot of years and I surely don't intend to wait for "mom and dad" to keep an eye on me until then.
A paper doesn't exactly tell you much, but you're probably right... I will get my diplomas one way or another heh :ninja: .