Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Words of wisdom, quotes, and books

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 AHS0

AHS0

Frequent poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:16 PM

Hello all,

You may have books you always recommend to your friends and family, or school and library.
You may have collection of your favorite quotes and words of wisdom to tell your friends, your children…

That’s great.

There are books after you read them, you like reading them again frequently and suggest your friends read them, they are important in your opinion.

So I thought why not talk about it and of course we, the KL fan club members will discuss our favorite books, and words of wisdom that
can help improve our life.

Lets share our experiences and stories. What books inspired you to be more creative and useful?
To overcome depression, understand life’s levels, to deal better with it, and find out how to make balance in your life , etc…

It will definitely be helpful for each of us. Perhaps a member suffering from depression, can get help reading your stories and to know which books helped you.

Sometimes reading good books puts you in the right direction that helps you better than years of visiting psychologist and taking medicine.
You may get addicted to visiting your doctor often and taking medicine. It’s not good.

Of course sometimes it’s necessary to visit psychologist and take medicine for a while. Because unbalance of mind’s chemical activity, hormones can result in depression and negative thoughts... and psychologist can tell which medicine and how much it’s necessary to take for a while to reach to balance of energy.
I wish psychologists besides giving medicine advised their patients or clients to read specific books/listen to specific music that can help giving them more power, to help to be independent after taking medicine for a while. Then you can keep yourself leveled without any medicine.

When I told my psychologist about the book helping me to get my answers, he told me, yes I remember that book made a great sound when it come out.
and asked me what things in the book specially get into your attention. I answered whole of it.

I begin with this quote and the book I’m reading now:

I consider my worst enemies and my worst sufferings to be my greatest teachers - Steven Seagal

"Mankind has to put an end to war or the war will put an end to mankind." -. John Fitzgerald Kennedy

You already installed Kaspersky Internet Security. Very good.
How do you protect yourself from negative energies?

Psychic Protection: Creating Positive Energies for People and Places By William Bloom

Posted Image

"Psychic Protection" offers practical ways to dispel the uncomfortable or hostile atmosphere that permeates difficult or unpleasant situations.

The book I’m reading and it’s very good book.

#2 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:30 PM

Good contribution.
I'm going to think on this one.
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#3 AHS0

AHS0

Frequent poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

Greetings sjoeii

Good luck for that.
May you can buy it from your local book shop or find at library.
Tell us the result.

#4 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:12 PM

I know some other books too. I meant I was going to think on some books and quotes

#5 TiGeR

TiGeR

Young Gun

• KL Team
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

hey ^_^

What books inspired you to be more creative and useful?

My book that changed my attitude towards brain exercises is "Pumping Ions" by Tom Wujek. He also wrote "Five Star Mind" and some others, but "Pumping Ions" is the best book ever for those, who want to explore the true possibilities of the mind.

"Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity" ! :)

#6 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:53 PM

Nothing i read inspired me to do anything, that part just came on its own.

My favorite Quote: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#7 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:40 AM

My motto, from Tao Te Ching (Daodejing):

The highest good is like water. Water give life to the ten thousand things and does not strive.
The supreme good is like water, which nourishes all things without trying to.

These are two English versions. Is the use of "trying to" a bit weird here?

#8 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:06 AM

My motto, from Tao Te Ching (Daodejing):

The highest good is like water. Water give life to the ten thousand things and does not strive.
The supreme good is like water, which nourishes all things without trying to.

These are two English versions. Is the use of "trying to" a bit weird here?

Hi Jingtian
Please share us your Chinese wisdom. There are a lot off great quotes

#9 Einsteinmt

Einsteinmt

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:46 PM

"Knowledge should mean a full grasp of knowledge.

Knowledge means to know yourself, heart and soul.

If you have failed to understand yourself,

Then all of your reading has missed its call.

What is the purpose of reading those books?

So that man can know the All-Powerful.

If you have read, but failed to understand,

Then your efforts are just a barren soul."

Yunus Emre (The Turkish mystic, d. 1320 A.D.)

Come, Come again !
Whatever you are...
Whether you are infidel,
idolater or fireworshipper.
Whether you have broken your vows
of repentance a hundred times
This is not the gate of despair,
This is the gate of hope.
Come, come again...

Mevlana Jelaluddin RUMI (The Turkish mystic, d. 1273 A.D.)

#10 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:47 AM

Hi Jingtian
Please share us your Chinese wisdom. There are a lot off great quotes

Take a look at here. :(

#11 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:45 AM

Great thanx
I like them

#12 AHS0

AHS0

Frequent poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:08 AM

hey :)
My book that changed my attitude towards brain exercises is "Pumping Ions" by Tom Wujek. He also wrote "Five Star Mind" and some others, but "Pumping Ions" is the best book ever for those, who want to explore the true possibilities of the mind.

"Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity" ! :)

Very good quote about luck.
Do you know that Luck Is short of :
Luck : Labor Under Correct Knowledge

I read it in Anthony Robbins’s book.

Nothing i read inspired me to do anything, that part just came on its own.

My favorite Quote: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

I love Albert Einstein’s quotes and have a book on his biography.
Your favorite quote is very ture.

My another favorite quote from Einstein, that he believes for two things in life :

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

#13 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:13 AM

I read it in Anthony Robbins’s book.

Which book did you read?

#14 AHS0

AHS0

Frequent poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:16 PM

I have serveral books from him and I read it on "Notes from a Friend: A Quick and Simple Guide to Taking Control of Your Life"

#15 AHS0

AHS0

Frequent poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:32 AM

Some Word of Wisdom from Dr. Wayne Dyer:

Chasing success is like trying to squeeze a handful of water. The tighter you squeeze, the less water you get. When you chase it, your life becomes the chase, and you become a victim of always wanting more.

If you refuse to change your job (if you don’t like it), the only sensible thing you can do does practice love it every day.

Enjoy everything that happens in your life, but never make your happiness or success dependent on an attachment to any person, place, or thing.
The more you see yourself as what you’d like to become, and act as if what you want is already there, the more you’ll activate those dormant forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality.
Most people are searching for happiness outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something you are, and it comes from the way you think.

You are in a partnership with all other human beings, not a contest to be judged better than some and worse than others.

Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored . . . boredom is a choice.
Treat yourself and others with kindness when you eat, exercise, play, work, love, and everything else.

Money—like health, love, happiness, and all forms of success that you want to create for yourself—is the result of living purposefully. It is not a goal unto itself.

Try viewing everyone who comes into your life as a teacher.

Forgiveness is the most powerful thing you can do for yourself. If you can’t learn to forgive, you can forget about achieving true success in your life.

There are limits to material growth, but there are no limits to inner enlightenment.