Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Skin

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:42 AM

I don't change skins for programs very much, and I don't change the theme for Windows, either. To me, what matter is how they work, not how they look. :angry:

Same philosophy here Jingtian. All I change is my desktop.
Might sound boring to some though.

Playing with and learning of new software is more fun than a few programs and changing colours.

Still love to see people who are artistic though, might be why I don't play much with colours, artist I am not.
Still draw stick figures for humans....LOL

#32 Boyfriend

Boyfriend

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

Default skins in programs are usually attractive and fast. I always change my Windows XP skin to "Energy Blue" (default skin in Windows Media Center). I prefer default skin in Kaspersky, because it is usually fast and OK! But sometimes prefer to see alternatives, if they are really worth to use.
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 + KIS 2012 (a.b.c.d.e.f.g) + Sandboxie 3.62

#33 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:02 PM

I ike the new 2009 skin. But I must admit pipkin has some nice ones as well
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#34 Littlem129

Littlem129

Crew Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

Like Norwegian and Jingtian I only change my desktop.

I figure since I keep KIS minimized to the system tray most of the time there isn't any reason to change the skin. :P

If KIS was kept open on the desktop where I could see the skin all the time then I would probably change it every once in awhile.

I like the default skin for KIS 2009, but the same thing would get old if I looked at it continually.

I would change the KIS system tray icon if someone makes a different more animated one for it. :)

You only live once, enjoy life and make the most of it!

KIS 15.0.1.415(B)
WIN 7 SP1 3GB RAM
DSL (finally!)
MBAM (on demand only)

#35 Shinigami

Shinigami

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:40 AM

For KIS7, i used one of Pipkins skins and modified the background, since i don't have programming experience, i tried.....but failed.
Now that KIS2009 is out.......i can't decide if i want to change the default skin or not.

#36 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:49 AM

There are not that many skins yet
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#37 shah000

shah000

Crew Chief

• Gold Beta Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:04 AM

i prefer using the default, whether good or bad...
if default is not good, then get KL guys to make necessary adjustments.

#38 Brat

Brat

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:54 AM

For KIS7, i used one of Pipkins skins and modified the background, since i don't have programming experience, i tried.....but failed.
Now that KIS2009 is out.......i can't decide if i want to change the default skin or not.

Not many and they are quite boring. :) V7 skins were much more better looking, original and eye pleasing :) Well, I hope Pipkin will show us his skill and come up with his trademark skins with nice, matching colors and high quality icons.

Pipkin, please, make a sexy Masha or Dasha like skin ;) Thanks ! ;)

#39 dorsch

dorsch

Young Gun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

Nix Masha or Dasha,

Skin - Rubik 2009 - Multilingual de, en, ru, fr
Bild_108.JPG

#40 dorsch

dorsch

Young Gun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

Skin Rubik again revised

#41 shah000

shah000

Crew Chief

• Gold Beta Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

would be good to know if anyone from you guys (regular members) would volunteer to try out new skins while under development (to give opinions before final release) :)

#42 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

What do you have in mind?

I have a spare box I can setup that I can afford to wipe if something breaks, it is to be my test box. :)

Can't promise a long term set up though, as I'm thinking of setting up a test hardware firewall using a new software at some stage that needs more than a PII or PIII,
but it can be put on the back burner, or brought forward to work in with a project?

Any way, hopefully someone else can chime in for you shah000.

#43 shah000

shah000

Crew Chief

• Gold Beta Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:43 AM

Im using a modified skin (the only skin ive ever used)..
ofcourse with some valuable inputs from richbuff

take a look:
http://s486.photobuc...Sample-Skin-01/

Note: These images are resized.. so you wont see the actual size of kaspersky windows.. they will look smaller :P

its exactly the same like default.. except for some changes in icon (found on the net), background image.. and ofcourse the custom scan window.
'Playing' with skins is something very new to me.. so im just learning from my experience.. i think ill attempt something with 2010 skin..

Since the default is OK to a great extent, i would only modify it slightly where i feel it really needs a change.

if i had a chance i would re-do the left panel.. it doesnt look nice.. but that needs time and interest.. so that'll take a while :)

Edited by shah000, 11 April 2009 - 01:47 AM.

#44 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for more examples of work shah000, you have always been here and at the tech forum with graphics work.
That one suits my desktop. :P

I must say though, dorsch has particularly caught my eye with that cube though. Just wish I had a copy of Vista or Win 7(missed the cut off for downloading) to really test the images and that glass effect.

#45 shah000

shah000

Crew Chief

• Gold Beta Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:59 AM

Thanks for more examples of work shah000, you have always been here and at the tech forum with graphics work.
That one suits my desktop. ;)

Would you like to use it?
May be if you like it, I could post it here for others too :)
(i dont want to post something that is not nice) :D

Btw has anyone noticed.. at times.. i think on Vista (and may be other translated version of KIS).. you would see that the bottom part the License tab is usually not visible.. it gets chopped off.. but that is not really noticeable.
(If you click on it, you wouldnt see the curved corner)