Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo
- - - - -

Malware Removal Depth

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Malware Removal Depth

If your PC is infected with a malware, what will you clean (either with your AV program or yourself)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sakuranbo

Sakuranbo

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:35 AM

Hello,
I don't really know what should I write in this post :( . Anyway, as you can see my poll question, if your PC is infected with a malware, what will you clean (either with your AV program or yourself)? For myself, I want to remove everything including all registry entries, because I don't like to see malware's registry entries on regedit :( , even if it's harmless or useless. What about you all?
Thanks for your vote! :)

Edited by Sakuranbo, 24 May 2007 - 08:36 AM.

#2 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:45 PM

I would like my PC very clean.
But if some entries are completly useless , I don't mind
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#3 TonyW

TonyW

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:46 PM

I'm unsure as to what files and registry entries a piece of malware may introduce into my system so I'd expect my AV to do the necessary cleaning up of ALL traces.

Remember some malware is complex, and leave files in various locations as well as different registry entries. Unless you really know where all these reside, it's best to leave it to the AV to disinfect.

#4 dawgg

dawgg

Veteran

• Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

I'm unsure as to what files and registry entries a piece of malware may introduce into my system so I'd expect my AV to do the necessary cleaning up of ALL traces.

Remember some malware is complex, and leave files in various locations as well as different registry entries. Unless you really know where all these reside, it's best to leave it to the AV to disinfect.

+1
... or I dont open the file if my AV warns its malware

#5 SirMalware

SirMalware

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:40 PM

Depending on the infection(s), sometimes you have to roll up your sleeves and perform manual removal of files, registry keys or values. I am willing to take on this extra procedure for users to ensure complete deletion.

#6 Sakuranbo

Sakuranbo

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 02:37 PM

Thanks a lot for your vote so far <_< . Anything else?