Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Music

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#91 Rampastein

Rampastein

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

I listen mostly only metal, and dislike almost all rock/pop/rap etc. bands. My favourite band is Sonata Arctica with Nightwish as a close second, and the other bands I often listen to are Teräsbetoni, Delain, and Ensiferum. I also listen to game soundtracks, the Command & Conquer series' soundtracks being my favourites.

#92 richbuff

richbuff

SPAM Fighter

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1465 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

You and I both like Classic Rock from the mid sixties to mid seventies. Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd (and the rest of the 1967 to 1972 scene) is more than just music, or culture. For me, it is even more than cultural formation and cultural orientation. It is a major chunk of my personality, and every day I miss that era very much. Culturally, I live in the past. The first time I felt culturally dislocated was in 1976 when the first Boston album came out. I thought to myself: "Omg, our beautiful Woodstock culture has died and turned to garbage way too soon." My culture lag length is about 15 years. The 80's didn't become ok for me until 15 years after they had passed. Billions of years from know, when all of the subatomic particles in the universe reconvene a new cycle of rebirth, the sixties and early seventies will happen again. I gotta go know. Time for my Living In the Pastoholics Anonymous meeting.

This post may contain previously unpublished synthesis of published material that conveys ideas not attributable to the original sources.

#93 Micha

Micha

Rookie

• KL Team
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

As the reader might suspect, there IS NO such band around usually :-)
That's where the computer comes in!

Hiyas!

Another recent midnight sample.
It is not really a song but just some sort of 'sound check', playing around with virtual instruments and effects.
Bompiman

Cheers

#94 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Anyone of you using online music apps like Spotify?
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#95 richbuff

richbuff

SPAM Fighter

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1465 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Anyone of you using online music apps like Spotify?

Not me.

Being the quintessential living in the mid 60's to mid 70's Classic Rock person, I have been challenged by self to see if I have missed anything good in the past 35 years. I have come up with a list of seven additional (there are two in my previous post, quoted below) songs that are from the Eighties to present that I have bumped into, and that I like a lot.

White Stripes-Seven Nation Army. Franz Ferdinand-Take Me Out. Nirvana-Smells Like Teen Spirit. Dio-Rainbow In The Dark. Lenny Kravitz-Are You Gonna Go My Way. Black Crowes-Remedy. Soundgarden-Black Hole Sun.

There are some others, such as U2, REM, Pixies, etc. etc., but these plus Cracker-Low (referred to in my previous list) are the Post Classic Rock Era (after the mid 60's to mid 70's) songs that I like to wake up to after they have been playing in my head for hours while sleeping. And that I like when they play in my head while awake, too.

King Krimson-Twenty-First Century Schizoid Man. Pink Floyd-The Nile Song. Led Zeppelin-How Many More Times. Santana-Singing Winds, Crying Beasts. Beatles-Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me and My Monkey. Frank Zappa-Moving To Montana. Black Sabbath-War Pigs. Rolling Stones-Jumping Jack Flash. Cracker-Feels Like Being Stoned. Jimi Hendrix- Purple Haze. Doors-Peace Frog. Yes-Siberian Khatru. 50 Cent-Window Shopper. Niel Young-Cowgirl in the Sand. Simon and Garfunkel-My Little Town. Emerson, Lake and Palmer-From the Beginning. Steppenwolf-Rock Me Baby All Night Long. Fleetwood Mac-Hypnotized. Moody Blues-Legend of a Mind (Timothy Leary). The Stooges-Raw Power. The Who-Tommy. Brian Eno-Here Come the Warm Jets. Country Joe and the Fish-Electric Music for Mind and Body. Elvis Presley-Heartbreak Hotel. Sly and the Family Stone-I Wanna Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again. Iron Butterfly-In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. Shocking Blue-Venus. Status Quo-Pictures of Matchstick Men and You. Animals-House of the Rising Sun. Byrds-Hey Mr. Tambourine Man.

This post may contain previously unpublished synthesis of published material that conveys ideas not attributable to the original sources.

#96 Micha

Micha

Rookie

• KL Team
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

Good Day!

Long time no music talk, so, ... here is some stuff, hitting random keys (the first time "they" made me touch a real piano):

Cheers,

Micha

#97 richbuff

richbuff

SPAM Fighter

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1465 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

Nice! Looks like lots of fun! :)

#98 Micha

Micha

Rookie

• KL Team
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Nice! Looks like lots of fun! :)

It certainly is. Especially as these people go on stage without any plan in advance (besides consuming beer).

That makes each of these live nights a very unique event.

#99 zavanna

zavanna

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:44 AM

IMO, that is usual in any gigs events.

#100 bobey

bobey

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:43 AM

I enjoy Pop music . My favorite singer is Britney ^^ 

Edited by bobey, 09 February 2015 - 05:44 AM.