Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Music

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:07 PM

Hi there, what kind of music do you like?

Have you ever heard of Kiko Loureiro from Brazil?

Kiko Loureiro (born on June 16, 1972 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) is a Brazilian guitarist who has worked with such bands as Angra and Blezqi Zatzas.

Loureiro began studying music and playing acoustic guitar at age 11. Inspired by artists like Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, and Randy Rhoads, he moved to the electric guitar at 13 and by 16 had already joined two bands, Legalize and A Chave, and was playing in nightclubs in São Paulo. At 19, he helped found Brazilian power metal band Angra, with whom he still plays. [2]Due to the increase in popularity of power metal, Loureiro has become quite successful, both playing in Angra and as a solo artist. He is known for his skill on the guitar, having written columns for and appeared on the cover of the magazines Cover Guitarra, Guitar & Bass, and Young Guitar.
Contents

Discography

Solo

* No Gravity (Locomotive, 2005)
* Universo Inverso (Locomotive, 2006)

Angra

* Reaching Horizons (originally released in 1992, reissued in 1996)
* Angels Cry (JVC Japan, 1993)
* Evil Warning EP (1994)
* Holy Land (Gravadora Eldorado, 1996)
o Make Believe Part 1 single (1996)
o Make Believe Part 2 single (1997)
o Make Believe Part 3 single (1997)
o Make Believe Part 4 single (1997)
* Freedom Call EP (1996)
* Holy Live live EP (1997)
* Fireworks (SPV GmbH/Century Media Records, 1998)
o Lisbon single (1998)
o Rainy Nights single (1998)
* Rebirth (SPV GmbH/Steamhammer, 2001)
o Acid Rain single (2001)
* Hunters and Prey EP (SPV GmbH/Steamhammer, 2002)
* Rebirth World Tour: Live in São Paulo live album and video (BMG/Victor Entertainment, recorded in 2001 and released in 2003)
* Temple of Shadows (SPV GmbH/Steamhammer, 2004)
o Wishing Well single (2004)
* Aurora Consurgens (SPV GmbH/Steamhammer, 2006)
o The Course of the Nature single (2006)

#2 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:25 PM

Mostly rock, hip-hop and clasical music, i also listen to some movie soundtracks.
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#3 br34ch

br34ch

Rookie

• Gold Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

prefer hard rock,hardcore,death metal & sometimes listen to britpop.
Posted Image

#4 Eddie Z.A

Eddie Z.A

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:25 PM

rock all the way :whistle: ..metal..hard music most... Lacuna Coil one of fav. :hi:

Last time i remember format my laptop when i just hit and infected by Blaster Worm at that time i use product " M " and after that " N " and still not good enough. Nowdays i surf with product " K " and never get hit and infected again by anything.

#5 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:25 PM

I don't listen to rock very much, but recently I had the chance to listen to rock very close, as as an interpreter, I could not go far away as the artist was playing.

I guess it's time that I started to listen to some REAL rock. But I like Savage Garden very much. It is a pity that the band splitted several years ago.

#6 Leo Max

Leo Max

Rookie

• Gold Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:25 PM

Hello everybody!

Most of the times I listen to the following music types:

Trance/Techno Dance
Rock
Classic

I also can play on Acoustic/Electric guitar too. :blink:

Leo
HP dv6000z AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60(2.0GHz/1MB) 1024MB DDR2 667 NVIDIA 7200

Kaspersky logo Wallpapers

#7 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:34 AM

Hello everybody!

Most of the times I listen to the following music types:

Trance/Techno Dance
Rock
Classic

I also can play on Acoustic/Electric guitar too. :)

Leo

Oh, one of my major responsiblities in the pro light+music exhibition was to introduce some very good guitars, some are acoustic, some electric, some acoustic electric ones.

#8 Pipkin

Pipkin

very valued member

• Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:20 AM

My 5 cents.
They are: Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Queen, Beatles, Paul McCartney, Phil Collins, Sting, as well as Beethowen, Mozart and Chaikovsky.
Maybe I've forgot somebody for now...

Good topic. Thank you.
Posted Image

#9 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:22 PM

Depends on the mood, I like my rock too, but the blues are great, and some music is better for dinner, or with that special someone.

It's pretty hard to say any in particular, Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Eagles, Bob Marley, Peter Frampton, JJ Cale a couple that Pipkin has mentioned are up there too

A few aussie bands -The Angels, Mondo Rock, Men At Work, Moving Pictures just to mention a few.

Blues wise, John Lee Hooker, Sonny Boy Williamson, Jonny Winter, Old Fleetwood Mac(but love the the band even after they stopped playing the blues), Eric Clapton

There is just nothing better than a good guitar rip, or belt on the drums, the more live and raw the better.

#10 Radar

Radar

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:34 PM

Blues wise, John Lee Hooker, Sonny Boy Williamson, Jonny Winter, Old Fleetwood Mac(but love the the band even after they stopped playing the blues), Eric Clapton

Oh yeah. I love blues, specially blackest. :)
I bet for Rolling Stones and the Who. Thanks to CSI for using Who songs.
and of course Elvis Presley. :)
I like Alicia Keys, too.

#11 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 02:38 AM

Yes there is some really good blues players out there, Howling Wolf, Muddy Waters, B.B.King, Buddy Guy and Billie Holiday just to name some more.

I forgot one other band that is worth mentioning......AC/DC....The Bon Scott years. It was an era of greatness. The man was magic. No dis-respect the the band now, I think they are just as good in their own rights. Bon was just cheeky about life, to the fullest.

#12 Radar

Radar

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:28 PM

Oh yeah. I love blues, specially blackest. :acute:
I bet for Rolling Stones and the Who. Thanks to CSI for using Who songs.
and of course Elvis Presley. ;)
I like Alicia Keys, too.

;) :(
Sorry i forget Otis Reading and Sam Cook. I love Soul music

#13 comRace

comRace

Young Gun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:26 PM

especially rock, metal, alternative like System Of A Down, HIM, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, The Kooks ;)
and sometimes, when I need a change I listen to house music ;)
I also love to play the bass-guitar ;)

Edited by comRace, 06 November 2006 - 06:29 PM.

#14 FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

The Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:22 PM

I just don't want to post here talking about my music... ;)
Regards,
Michael

#15 DonKid

DonKid

Veteran

• Gold Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:37 AM

I like Paul McCartney, Beatles, Queen, Sting, Kenny G, Tears For Fears, Scorpions, Van Halen, The Police, A-HA, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bee Gees, Christopher Cross, Cyndi Lauper, Sarah Mclachlan, Fleetwood Mac, James Taylor, John Lennon, Laura Pausini, Mark Knopfler, Phil Collins, Simply Red.:lol:
When the humanity start to realize that there isn't race, creed, politics, money, our planet will be wonderful. Be always a humble person.