Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo
- - - - -

KIS7 skin poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Do we like the existing interface of KIS7? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

I think...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Pipkin

Pipkin

very valued member

• Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:16 PM

All opinions are highly appreciated
Posted Image

#2 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:30 PM

i really miss the pause/start buttons on the top of the scan windows, and the fact t hat i can't restart a task from the scan windows after stopping it (no more start button like in v6), other then that i'm starting to like it.
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#3 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:40 AM

At first I didn't like it. But I must admit I'm getting used to it. Just as Lucianbara I miss these scan features but with the possibility to change the GUI it looks fine to me
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#4 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:41 PM

A Chinese saying goes like this: be it black or white, it is a good cat as long as it catches mice. ;)

#5 Baz^^

Baz^^

Veteran

• Gold Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:53 AM

I am happy with the user interface whatever it may be, what concerns me most is the functionality of the program :)

But a nice UI is important to entice home users who may base their desicion on a product less on the technical features and more on the ease of use/looks.
Kaspersky Lab Personal Security Professional
http://malwarecrawler.com Spam bots look here!

#6 Hill-Billy-Bob

Hill-Billy-Bob

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

The new interace is good and maybe better in a few ways than the previous, except a few minor cosmetic improvements and inclusions to make it all neat and tidy, I rekon!

There are a few things I miss, such as;
  • the pause / start buttons Lucianbara mentioned,
  • the small progress scan bar, which i would like to see in the main "protection" window when scans are running.
  • the network activity no longer lists active network applications, only connections and ports, I Really miss this! and I would also like to see this in the main "protection" window as well.
  • the "your computer is well protected" message seems "concealed" in the top window banner.
What I like
about the new interface is that clicking any heading under "protection" brings up a simple, clear and consistent selection of commands: Configure (stop/pause) and Open Report.

What I dont like
is that is that any other heading besides "protection" (Scan, Update,Reports and so on), the selection of commands, although fairly consistent, is not quite as intuitive (muddled). For instance, to open a Scan Report you must mouse "underline" the "last start" date and click... but accidently clicking anywhere else in the shaded area will start a scan!

Also it seems to me that the Help and Settings buttons are out of character/out of place and maybe should be under support?

What I "wish"
I could do is add items or "customise" what I can open from the right click K tray icon. For instance, add "pop-up" or "banner" report to Network Monitor.

And by the way, I really like the additional tray "news" message! >it said updates are available via FTP! WoW!

I hope my feedback is helpful.
Yours truly,
Hill-Billy-Bob

#7 Pipkin

Pipkin

very valued member

• Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

Thank you everybody for opinions!
The Poll is still going on...
Posted Image

#8 Ph03n1x

Ph03n1x

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:16 PM

Only no close to Windows Vista :D. A lot of new app use skin close to Vista and it's no so good

#9 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:49 PM

I voted simple/ complex skin. But it would mean bloating the installer.

It seems you have been busy on this subject of late Pipkin.
Noticed your topics, but haven't replied. My computers are pretty plain and boring really.

It seems a rather mixed batch of feelings, and some items are missed.

The stop/pause/start buttons were a suprise when I first saw them, and do like them, but I won't loose any sleep over them.

The issue with traffic monitor, would love to see this gain more importance.

The newer popups I like too, but with mixed feelings. It is new after all.

I dont think it should go back, but some items do need a touch more emphasis
as some have pointed out already, the flowing colours are a great touch, but make understanding the interface a bit harder,
simply because items dont stand out as much.

Guess none of that has really helped, might have confused the thoughts more. :)

#10 TonyW

TonyW

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:10 AM

I don't mind the new GUI at all. As long as the program does it's job, that's the main thing!

#11 Sakuranbo

Sakuranbo

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:29 PM

For me, the GUI is OK :) , but I hope that KAV/KIS 7 windows border use the Vista style too.... :) Because I'm using Windows XP, the Windows Border of KAV 7 in my PC is still as same as the previous version. However, I also hope that the GUI won't be too beautiful, as some people are still using old PC (including me :lol: ).

#12 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

As kis 7 is out, i don't see any reason to continue this (it's over nothing will change it now)
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#13 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:38 PM

Well you can change it yourself :clapping: if you like
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club