Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo
- - - - -

Security Now podcast

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 darcorn

darcorn

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:13 PM

Hello :D

I am new on this forum. I am curious how many of you forum users know and listen to the Security Now podcast with Steve Gibson

I find this podcast very useful, especially for anyone who isn't computer savvy smile.gif

I listen to this podcast to educate myself more about IT security and for pure entertainment biggrin.gif

any comments?
Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0.621 user and an active Kaspersky Labs supporter and fan (and proud of it too)

#2 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:14 PM

Hello ;)

I am new on this forum. I am curious how many of you forum users know and listen to the Security Now podcast with Steve Gibson

I find this podcast very useful, especially for anyone who isn't computer savvy smile.gif

I listen to this podcast to educate myself more about IT security and for pure entertainment biggrin.gif

any comments?

Hi Darcorn

I saw your post on the regular forum. I must say I never heard of it. I'm going to try to listen to it later this evening.
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#3 darcorn

darcorn

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:18 PM

hey Sjoeii ;)

look here: http://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm biggrin.gif
Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0.621 user and an active Kaspersky Labs supporter and fan (and proud of it too)

#4 p2u

p2u

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:25 PM

I must say I never heard of it. I'm going to try to listen to it later this evening.

Then this is a must, sjoeii. You can read the show, but it's also good English listening practice... ;)

Paul
Adblock Plus content blocking filter: * (= show text only anywhere)
Adblock Plus exception rule for all: @@*$stylesheet (= show style sheet only anywhere)
Adblock Plus default exception rule for white-listed sites: domain name/$background,image (= images only from that domain only; no scripts, objects, or other elements)

#5 darcorn

darcorn

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:26 PM

I even have it on my podcast reader and iPod ;)

#6 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:27 PM

hi, you uploaded your photo as a "personal photo: you should do it in the avatar settings. ;)
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#7 darcorn

darcorn

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:31 PM

you're right Lucian, my bad ;)

call me a dunce but I can't find the avatar settings in my profile :)

#8 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:34 PM

http://forum.kaspers...a...rCP&CODE=24
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#9 darcorn

darcorn

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:35 PM

panic over, thanks lucian! you're a real Jedi Master ;)

#10 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:54 AM

I must say I never heard of it. I'm going to try to listen to it later this evening.

Then this is a must, sjoeii. You can read the show, but it's also good English listening practice... ;)

Paul

Thanx Paul

I will work on it don't worry.
If you say it is good it must be good

#11 saso

saso

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:19 PM

In one of the podcast there was some talk of Kaspersky and in that moment i got the idea that it might be nice if we could somehow be able to convince Kaspersky marketing people to sponsor the podcast ;)

Few reasons:
- The audience is not that small, it is very global and security aware.
- There are/ware few sponsors but no anti-virus vendor and it is good to be the first one.
- Some of the cool new technologies like the new anti-rootkit and the new heuristics could be announced to the wider audience.
- Leo and others have talk about Kaspersky few time in different shows (I listen to SecurityNow, TWIT and WindowsWeekly and I think it was mentioned in all of them) and they speak very positive about it.

Edited by saso, 24 April 2007 - 02:20 PM.

#12 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:23 PM

In one of the podcast there was some talk of Kaspersky and in that moment i got the idea that it might be nice if we could somehow be able to convince Kaspersky marketing people to sponsor the podcast ;)

Few reasons:
- The audience is not that small, it is very global and security aware.
- There are/ware few sponsors but no anti-virus vendor and it is good to be the first one.
- Some of the cool new technologies like the new anti-rootkit and the new heuristics could be announced to the wider audience.
- Leo and others have talk about Kaspersky few time in different shows (I listen to SecurityNow, TWIT and WindowsWeekly and I think it was mentioned in all of them) and they speak very positive about it.

Probably the first question to ask, what's in it for Kaspersky???
Maybe it is a good idea to sponsor in the form of content..

#13 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:07 PM

I haven't listened to these either, but knew they existed. Once listened to Mark Russinovich explain malware and habits of a trojan maker program, and he made it sound so easy. Would love to study under someone with so much knowledge, yet have the ability to communicate the issue as easily. Guess Leo can do that too. ;)

#14 Baz^^

Baz^^

Veteran

• Gold Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:04 AM

I listen to it every week.

Funnily enough usually when I am going to sleep- I find technology and security very soothing :)

@ saso, that is a very good idea in my opinion!

I vaugely remember Leo (and Paul Thurott i think) discussing Kaspersky... something about discovering the first iPod virus
Kaspersky Lab Personal Security Professional
http://malwarecrawler.com Spam bots look here!

#15 AHS0

AHS0

Frequent poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:13 PM

I listen to the podcast and its really nice.