Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

Lost networking icon off taskbar

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:04 PM

Hello all, I just posted this over at DSLR hoping for some help, and just curious if anyone has found the answer to this known issue.

I have tried googling it.

One link suggested %systemuser%shell32 and looking in the registry. A little needle in a large haystack

Another was recreate the user. I tried another admin account, no luck.

Another said it is UPNP related, so tried that. Didn't work. I don't need UPNP with my connection anyway.

Tried Kelly's Korner, nothing I had searched on gave an answer to this.

SFC /scannow found missing files, of which as usual gave no file list, so couldn't research that more.

System Restore didn't work.

By the way also this is a fresh install with only Winrar installed, and a few services turned off. None that have caused this issue before. The config for services have been reliable for a few thousand computers.

I really dont want to download all the updates again since SP2, if I do a repair, or another install.

Basically Netbios is still showing for the connection, and really don't want 137, 138, 139 open, even if netbios service is off.

Fixed now, thanks to a helping hand off this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826