Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo

User's ranks at this forum

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Kilauea

Kilauea

Crew Chief

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:03 PM

It is hard to decide. We have discussed this at our forum (Rokop) many times.

Posting counts: For new users is this a hint that they are talking to a pro. They can trust him. It is a difference if someone has 2000 postings in a security forum or 20. So it is a good idea to display them. The bad: It leads some guys to start spamming.

Reputation: Not a good idea. I dont know how to explain with english words correctly. :D
I give you a good reputation and you give me a good one. But we never give a good reputation to someone with an other opinion in some cases. Reputation is very near related to sympathy. Sooner or later some guys will feel offended. :blink:

We have now decided that the post count does not work in the offtopic area. :D

Kilauea

#32 TiGeR

TiGeR

Young Gun

• KL Team
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:00 PM

Reputation: Not a good idea. I dont know how to explain with english words correctly.
I give you a good reputation and you give me a good one. But we never give a good reputation to someone with an other opinion in some cases. Reputation is very near related to sympathy. Sooner or later some guys will feel offended.

Hi! :blink:

Interesting point! I remember somewhat about 3 years ago there was a way to give a cookie on Wilders Security Forums, to thank the person who helped you. It was a kind of reputation, that worked not bad, from my point of view. I got this cookie a couple of times and it made me create a better thoughtout and detailed replies, because I wanted to get that cookie again! :D

I agree with you that number of replies should stay. You can tell how experienced the person is. But cookie is something that comes from other people, not from forum stats, as a sign of their gratitude...?

Kind regards,
Igor Kurizn

#33 Kilauea

Kilauea

Crew Chief

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:10 PM

The idea is a good one. :) But i know that we tried this several times and after some weeks we always deleted this feature. It can lead some guys to spamming too. And a lot of users do not know if the advice was a good one or not. :D
And on the other hand some guys are very fast to answer to eays questions but the really hard issues (where it is needed to type a lot) those questions will not be answered by the fast ones. So you get less reputation for answering the hard questions and much for the...... :D

Just my 2 cents. :blink: ( <-- i really like this one)

Kilauea

#34 Lucian Bara

Lucian Bara

Jedi Master

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:18 PM

I also like the idea of haveing reputation points (actually there are reputation points already but only moderators & admins can modify them). average members should be able to increase the reputation of a user but only admins/moderators decrease them (if they misbehave).
Also there must be some rules to avoid a user giving another x reputation points one after another the same day. So for example limit the number of reputation points/day givven and recieved and also deny the option to add reputation points to a user without first giving to other users.

Perhaps a level can be based upon those, and the stauts is added manually by an administrator..
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2,2GHz, Msi Asus P5PL2-E, 2048MB-DDR2 (2*1024), Leadtek PX6600 256MB, Teac DV-W516GA, Leadtek tv2000 xp Expert, HDD 200GB*2 (sata/sata2)

#35 Whizard

Whizard

Professional

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:56 AM

Do you know the concept they use at Experts-Exchange:

1) Each question is worth x points (maximum 500)
2) When question closes the author has to accept the answer and make a point awards. (sometimes a point split)
3) When the question closes the author of the post can leave a letter grade on the participant's profile
4) If you gain many points in different sections you will get a virtual certificate (which has multiple levels)

What do you guys think?

Edited by Whizard, 16 November 2006 - 07:57 AM.

Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

#36 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:16 PM

That's good, so what virtual certificates will there be?
King of flood? ;)

#37 FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

The Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:14 PM

I am sure that if you remove the number of posts, keep the rating and the reputation in the end it would be better. This is not something too serious, like an official Kaspersky forum. It's something made for and from the fans.
Regards,
Michael

#38 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:35 AM

I am sure that if you remove the number of posts, keep the rating and the reputation in the end it would be better. This is not something too serious, like an official Kaspersky forum. It's something made for and from the fans.

That's how I see it too, don't complicate it.

If you wanted to really affect the users and fans out there. Look at simply having a vote system, or donation scheme for awards for shirts, waiter's friends, pocket knives, hats, coffee mugs, beer steins (this one seems most important :) )

I know it sounds all too commercial, with the use of trinkets, but you will be surprized at the response.

#39 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:44 PM

That's how I see it too, don't complicate it.

If you wanted to really affect the users and fans out there. Look at simply having a vote system, or donation scheme for awards for shirts, waiter's friends, pocket knives, hats, coffee mugs, beer steins (this one seems most important :P )

I know it sounds all too commercial, with the use of trinkets, but you will be surprized at the response.

Waiter's friends? What are they?

#40 FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

The Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:48 PM

Waiter's friends? What are they?

This should clear something up: Waiter's Friend.

Edited by FadeToBlack, 18 November 2006 - 04:49 PM.

Regards,
Michael

#41 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:58 PM

I see. A corescrew.

#42 Pipkin

Pipkin

very valued member

• Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:58 PM

Welcome to my blog for new pictures & wallpapers http://forum.kaspers...a...;blogid=16
Posted Image