Friends, we are happy to invite you to our NEW Global Kaspersky Club! Please follow this link www.kasperskyclub.com , sign-in and enjoy our new platform!

Photo
- - - - -

Web Browser

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 TonyW

TonyW

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:13 PM

Opera will work great on all websites.
in my opinion it's even more stable than IE7 & Firefox.

At the end of the day, it's up to web designers to make sure their sites work on all browsers, not the other way round. The browsers do need to be standards compliant, but it's no good if the website code isn't.

#17 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 05:12 PM

At the end of the day, it's up to web designers to make sure their sites work on all browsers, not the other way round. The browsers do need to be standards compliant, but it's no good if the website code isn't.

I can't agree more. B)

#18 Sall

Sall

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 07:53 AM

One last queastion, does Opera have tabbed browsing lige FF and IE7 ?

Wondering if I should give it a try, the only problem I have thoug is that Spywareblaster dossent work for Opera :D

Edited by Sall, 18 March 2007 - 07:59 AM.

#19 Jingtian

Jingtian

Frequent poster

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:37 AM

One last queastion, does Opera have tabbed browsing lige FF and IE7 ?

Wondering if I should give it a try, the only problem I have thoug is that Spywareblaster dossent work for Opera :(

Yes, it does.
By the way, it is said that Opera used to be a payware. So why not try it since it is now free? :D
Besides, it is also said to be the fastest browser in the world.

#20 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

Kaspersky Club Project Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:23 AM

My PC really likes Opera.
Very stable and very fast.
It's very simple but you can change GUI, add widgets and stuff. For those who want that.
http://twitter.com/kaspersky_club

#21 jorasik

jorasik

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:08 PM

Firefox is my favourite.
It's very strange that most of the people I know and comunicate with choose Firefox as their favourite web browser.

#22 norwegian

norwegian

Frequent poster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:08 PM

Don't want to see this turn into a browser war. :)

Firefox has some great plugins to help your security, but it and Thunderbird over the years have had some big security flaws. Seen first hand too.
Opera is a touch better, and there is also browsers like Maxathon too, that seems to have less flaws, even though it runs IE shell

#23 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:07 AM

As Norwegian said we don't need a war over here.
They all are pretty good browser. One will work better for someone than the other.

#24 AHS0

AHS0

Frequent poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:18 AM

Yes sometimes people don't use it :( and they have only one solution format c :)

BTW: try Opera it's fast and have a lot of usefull tools :(

I think if they have KIS, so it can remove malware. Why need to format C then?

I moved to Opera and I found I’m more comfortable using it. :)
It has smart interface and advantages Firefox don’t has.

One is that it has cookie setting built in you can block all cookies and allow manually.

#25 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:49 PM

I think if they have KIS, so it can remove malware. Why need to format C then?

I moved to Opera and I found I’m more comfortable using it. :(
It has smart interface and advantages Firefox don’t has.

One is that it has cookie setting built in you can block all cookies and allow manually.

Opera is very usefull and handy. With alot of features

#26 TonyW

TonyW

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:41 PM

Firefox has some great plugins to help your security, but it and Thunderbird over the years have had some big security flaws. Seen first hand too.

This is true for any browser that begins to get a reasonable market share. IE has been and still is a dominant browser hence the plethora of vulnerabilities patched over the years. If it was the other way round with Firefox for example, I'm sure we'd see more flaws picked at by hackers etc. for that browser.

#27 IcePanther

IcePanther

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:31 PM

I moved to Opera and I found I'm more comfortable using it. :lol:
It has smart interface and advantages Firefox don't has.

Indeed Opera has several built-in features, and is the strictest with standards, even if it has some strange ways, for example, of interpreting image form fields (returns an X and Y value in the POST header instead of the button value) so as a developer I have often to make fixes to allow my code to run fine with it.
I use it except for some sites that don't like it, then I use firefox.
IcePanther

Machine : Asus G73JH | i7-720QM(4*1.6~2.8GHz) | 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz | ATI Radeon HD 5870 1 GB | 2*500GB@7200 RPM | 1920*1080 17.3" screen | BD Combo
Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (Fr)
Resident protection : KIS 11.0.0.556a.b

#28 Sakuranbo

Sakuranbo

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:50 AM

Well, every browser has its own pros and cons :lol: . They have what the others don't, and they don't have what the others have. I use IE7, Firefox and Opera, but I only use IE7 if I have to. Most of the time, I use Firefox. I use IE7 for visiting Microsoft's websites which require ActiveX control (for validating Windows, etc.), and other websites which require ActiveX control too (such as online virus scanning). I use Opera for online transactions, because Opera is known as the most secure browser. For other purposes, I use Firefox, because Firefox and other browsers which use Gecko rendering engine works faster for my internet connection than any other browser (and I don't know why... :lol: ). Both Opera and Firefox are stable on my PC. However, Firefox is not really stable if I run it inside sandbox.

Edited by Sakuranbo, 25 May 2007 - 07:57 AM.

#29 SirMalware

SirMalware

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

I have used Opera faithfully since 1999. Over the years the browser has gotten bigger, but it still is the most secure. It's total market share is still less than one percent and for my own selfish reasons, I like that. Sometimes there is greater safety in smaller numbers. Coupled with Proxomitron, I can go places in the Internet where no IE user would dare tread. :)

#30 Sjoeii

Sjoeii

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

testing Maxthon right now and working great with KIS 7